[MOD] BG Maps - Update: New map released

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #41

It will be in bg maps. I have some other backgrounds I want to make too - some people didn’t like the ring shadows on Roche Limit, so I’ll make one on the other side (the light side) of the planet. I’m also thinking about a black hole one, but no one knows what a black hole really looks like… A pulsar star would be cool, but would require some animating of the light sources, which I’m not sure is possible…

1 Like
(Goose3) #42

Looks kinda good… Possibly 1 or 2 more smaller mining operations somewhere middle and bottom right or top side. Like outlining the corners of this rock. I already know that I won’t enjoy this map. My tft monitor is very old and thus darker than modern flat screens.

A black hole sounds kinda cool too.

https://store.playstation.com/store/api/chihiro/00_09_000/container/US/en/99/UP2538-CUSA05620_00-SQDYNAMIC0000099//image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihiro&w=720&h=720&bg_color=000000&opacity=100

Something as shown in these examples would be cool. Especially showing a planetary system that’s slowing fading into the Black hole would be kinda cool.

1 Like
(Leviathans Wrath) #43

Cool stuff

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #44

Ok, so here is what it now looks like as the planet spins (which takes ~15 mins for one complete rotation)

screenshots

But I really cannot decide whether or not to keep those mining settlements…

• Keep mining settlement lights
  • Go back to unpopulated

0 voters

Anyway, I am very impressed by how the asteroid textures from NASA are looking in HWRM.

(Goose3) #45

Why not just implement 2 versions of said background.

1 with mines (perhaps even more mines on it and slightly just slightly brighter…

And the unpopulated version. That way you can be almost certain to please both parties those that want it pitch black and those which may prefer some minor light sources.

1 Like
(Leviathans Wrath) #46

I agree with 23 down best to have both versions.

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #47

Woohoo 1000 subscribers, 100% positive ratings :slight_smile: Thanks guys!

Time to make some more backgrounds…

2 Likes
(GOLIATH Mod) #48

I’m gonna go give you a thumbs down. You know… just to mess with your head. MIND GAMES!

Just kidding, they’re really great. :b

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #49

Workshop item updated with the new map: Rogue planet (2 player).

Here is a preview - the dust clouds allow you sneak up on your enemy…but watch out, they could be sneaking up on you… The other spawn point is diagonally opposite.

3 Likes