[MOD] ~ BG Maps

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #21

The plan is for it not to dominate the background, so it will stay more or less how it is, or maybe a little closer.

(Leviathans Wrath) #22

Looks cool

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #23

Too dark…?

EDIT: an idea: to make the planet more interesting I might add some glow to it. Either some cities (mining centres, research bases) or some volcanic activity…

(Leviathans Wrath) #24

Genesis planet-)

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #25

As in “let there be light”…?

(Leviathans Wrath) #26

Genesis from trek lol

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #27

O.o

(GOLIATH Mod) #28

Luckily, the vile criminal known as ‘David’ was brought to justice by proud Klingon patriots.

(Leviathans Wrath) #29

Oh no you did not just do the Goliath

(ajlsunrise) #30

There’s a planet?

of course, im viewing from my phone, which i guess is darker than a computer monitor, even on the brightest settings…

(Goose3) #31

Ya I think it’s too dark… The city of light idea sounds appealing.

(Leviathans Wrath) #32

Let’s not do the hundred all over again

(GOLIATH Mod) #33

As Bob Ross would say, ’ that was a happy accident’ - Didn’t even do it on purpose! Staying on topic, did anybody else watch that bizarre claymation show when they were a kid called David and Goliath? What the hell was even going on in that thing? It must’ve like f-ing hypnotized me or something because I watched it every Saturday morning and I can’t even remember a single episode.

(GOLIATH Mod) #34

1st one looks freaking awesome. Like a batman movie. 2nd one is too dark.

You could maybe make the only source of light be really dim and have it radiating from the direction of the planet so it looks like the cities (or whatever) are shining on the ships.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #35

ok, the planet is a bit brighter now:

This is the feel I am going for. Still not sure whether to put lights on the planet. It adds visual interest but could change the atmosphere of the map (make it feel less isolated).

(ajlsunrise) #36

my phone:

edit (from PC): gosh dang it, it definitely does not look like that on my PC… The first image on my phone is completely black, can only see the stars and dust.

That said, I do approve of the latest version.

(Leviathans Wrath) #37

Back to the drawing board

(GOLIATH Mod) #38

How about a system of cracks and canyons full of glowing crystals? That way you could be in the middle of nowhere fighting over control of the resources, and it could still glow batman-colors instead of orange from lava.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #39

How does this look? It should give the impression of mining settlements concentrated around some craters. I would add a few more in other locations, but not loads - I don’t want this to look like a planet with a big population.

Also, one thing that looks amazing on this map is capital ship duels - the ships are shrouded in darkness except for nav lights and bridge lights. Then they are suddenly lit up by their own weapons firing or by incoming shots…

(GOLIATH Mod) #40

I’m really looking forward to playing this thing. It looks like it’s gonna be totally fun. Is it going in the BG Maps or is it gonna be it’s own download?