[MOD] Homeworld 2 : The Dark Wars: Update: Campaign missions needs testing!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #21

Great, glad you got it working. You are on the road to getting those ships into remastered!

(Caal-Shto) #22

Hello again. My friend wants to know how to use RODOH because he is creating a mod of Homeworld Remastered and can’t because he doesn’t know how to use the tools. Can you help?

(Rufus Shinra) #23

First of all, you need a previous generation .hod, the kind that came in HW2 mods or made by CFHodEd.

Then you make a text file called File.rodoh which contains

= -$HWRM_BASE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
= -$SHIP_NAME=Kad_Swarmer
= -$SHADER_MAP=$[HWRM_BASE]\common\Homeworld\GBXTools\HODOR\SHADERS.MAP
= -setmask=*.hod
= -dump
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Flag Commander 1.x Files and Tools\Turrets Work In Progress\tolmacy.hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Flag Commander 1.x Files and Tools\WCHF Assets\Supply Depot and Light Cruiser\models\HOD\cfd_end_run_tolmacy.dae
= -do=convert
= -action=null
= -echo=Scan Complete!$[CR]
= -wait

Replace the stuff in Convert_In by the path to your old .hod and Conver_Out by the path to your new work folder. Now, make a shortcut to RODOH.exe. Right-click on it and add at the end of the target field the following:

-script=Scan_File.rodoh

Use that shortcut. Congratulations, you now have a properly structured .dae file and the textures correctly named for HODOR.

P.S.: to all experienced modders, yes, I know, my code is probably full of useless stuff, but I dunno how the whole thing works and this works for me.

Beyond Confused (How do I get HODOR?)
(Caal-Shto) #24

I tired your steps @RufusShinraSB but it says that there is a problem of the shortcut
Capturesss
What am I supposed to do? I Copied the example file and did it exactly as it said.

Example
= -$SHIP_NAME=Kad_Swarmer
= -setmask=*.hod
= -dump
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Flag Commander 1.x Files and Tools\Turrets Work In Progress\tolmacy.hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Flag Commander 1.x Files and Tools\WCHF Assets\Supply Depot and Light Cruiser\models\HOD\cfd_end_run_tolmacy.dae
= -do=convert
= -action=null
= -wait

What am I supposed to do? I Copied the example file

To my mod:

= -$SHIP_NAME=Kus_Minelayer Corvette
= -setmask=*.hod
= -dump
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Dark Progenitor Mod\Beast ships\Ships\Kushan\Minelayer Corvette.hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Dark Progenitor Mod\Beast ships\Ships\Kushan\Minelayer Corvette.hod\cfd_end_run_tolmacy.dae
= -do=convert
= -action=null
= -wait

What have I done wrong? Can someone please tell me?

(Sastrei) #25

Check that the gbx tools folder exists and has rodoh and hodor jn it. I think you have to subscribe to them via the steam workshop first.

(Caal-Shto) #26

The gbx tools folder does exist so does HODOR and RODOH. You must mean the Example Ships/Planet right?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #27

Yes, I think I’d you subscribe to the example ships you will get it:

(Caal-Shto) #28

So if I was to do the one of the beast custom fleet e.g. The Kushan Minelayer Corvette what part of the text file would I need to change?

(Caal-Shto) #29

Where does the Windows Batch File take the hod file. I followed the guide issued by @EatThePath for single Classic to DAE.txt… But when it started the hod file didn’t changed to DAE it stayed as Hod.

Again where does the Windows Batch File provided in the scripts actually take the hod file?
Or am I missing something important?

(doci7) #30

The txt file specifies where the DAE is output, so there’s no telling where it ended up without seeing what your txt file says.

(Caal-Shto) #31

My text files says the following:
= -$S_DIR=D:\C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Dark Progenitor Mod Homeworld 2 Classic
= -$T_DIR=D:\C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Dark Progenitor Mod Remastered\Beast_Ships\Beast Ships\Ships\Taiidan
= -$CAT=ship
= -$HOD=Dark Progenitor Mod_Destroyer.hod
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=$[S_DIR]$[CAT]$[HOD]$[HOD].hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=$[T_DIR]$[CAT]$[HOD]$[HOD].DAE
= -do=convert
= -action=null
= -wait

but when I do it I get no DAE. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe I have to do the convert in and convert out options listed;
= -$CONVERT_IN=$[S_DIR]$[CAT]$[HOD]$[HOD].hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=$[T_DIR]$[CAT]$[HOD]$[HOD].DAE
Perhaps that works

(doci7) #32

That’s the line that specifies the folder location where the DAE is output. I’m not a coder by any stretch, but I’d try to follow that line of folders and see if there ain’t a DAE there. If not, I’d suggest making the $T_DIR line match the $S_DIR line exactly so the DAE will be output to the same folder as the hod. That at least will make it easier to find.

Another thing that doesn’t look right though is that your folder chain starts with D:\C:. As I said I’m no expert, but in my experience the C-drive is not usually a subset of the D-drive :smile:. You might want to nix one of those drive references; if I had to guess probably the D-drive.

(doci7) #33
= -$S_DIR=G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\Homeworld2Classic\Data
= -$T_DIR=G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HWATRepoDoci\data\hodor_staging
= -$CAT=ship
= -$HOD=HWAT_REP_FFAssault
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=$[S_DIR]\$[CAT]\$[HOD]\$[HOD].hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=$[T_DIR]\$[CAT]\$[HOD]\$[HOD].DAE
= -do=convert
= -action=null
= -wait

That’s what mine says for reference. I can guarantee that those folders are extant and can be found on my computer. They start with only G:\ because they’re on my G-drive.

(Siber) #34

Chances are good that the spaces in your folder names are causing problems. I think but am not certain that enclosing the path in quotation marks will resolve that, but renaming the folders to not have spaces might be the better solution down the road

(Siber) #35

Had only glanced at your script before, looked at it now in more details, and while the spaces are likely a problem, you have others too.

The script is set up to assume a mod directory structure, as I believe is described in the documentation. Down just below the “-log” directive you can see where the parts above are assembled into a final path. This was done this way because it seemed the most usable to me long term from how I was using them.

If you construct the paths from the parts provided you get

= -$CONVERT_IN=D:\C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Dark Progenitor Mod Homeworld 2 Classic\ship\Dark Progenitor Mod_Destroyer.hod\Dark Progenitor Mod_Destroyer.hod.hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=D:\C:\Users\Nathan\Desktop\Dark Progenitor Mod Remastered\Beast_Ships\Beast Ships\Ships\Taiidan\ship\Dark Progenitor Mod_Destroyer.hod\Dark Progenitor Mod_Destroyer.hod.DAE

These paths are invalid for the reason Kragle pointed out, and are probably pretty incorrect beyond that.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #36

I think it is getting over-complicated by the path variables. Here is my RODOH script. I just use the full path for simplicity:

##= -$$IN_SCAN=YOUR_PATH_HERE (or specify before this -script line)
##= -echo=-- Scan Path: $[IN_SCAN]$[CR]
= -setmask=*.hod
= -dump
= -log
= -$CONVERT_IN=C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Homeworld2\data\ship\hgn_mothership\hgn_mothership.hod
= -$CONVERT_OUT=C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Homeworld2\data\ship\hgn_mothership\hgn_mothership.dae
= -do=convert
= -action=null

Beyond Confused (How do I get HODOR?)
(Siber) #37

You can definitely do that. The structuring I used saves me time in the long run(in many very small chunks), but does add a bit of complexity to get a handle on.

(Caal-Shto) #38

Can someone do the Dark Progenitor Ship files to Remastered HOD please?

I am currently doing the first campaign mission which is set on Hiigara . This mission is keeping me busy that I don’t have time to do all of those ship’s HOD.

If someone can covert the Dark Progenitor Demo file to Homeworld Remastered that would greatly help me. Thanks!!!

In case you have forgot about the file its

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #39

I’m afraid the reality of modding is that no one will do the hard work for you. If you don’t have the time to do your own project, no one else here does - we all mod in our free time and we all have our own projects, which are as time-consuming as yours.

It looks like you had got the hang of RODOH. If you set up a batch script it shouldn’t take too long to convert all those HODs. Have a go and if you get stuck, ask for help here!

(Siber) #40

Dom2 said what I wanted to say better than I could. I’m much more willing to spend time helping you learn how to do what you want than I am to spend time just doing it for you.