[MOD] Homeworld 2 : The Dark Wars: Update: Campaign missions needs testing!

(Caal-Shto) #61

What this?@radar3301

No all I did in this case was put the Progenitor Mod into the Homeworld Data Folder, override the big file and it now works. Only seems to work on the Bonus Mission- Turnaic Raider Planetoid ending. But only if you saved before you enter Hyperspace.

It even affects CAMPIAGN Missions as well

(Caal-Shto) #62

What prize do you want me to share with you and anyone else? Originally I wasn’t planning on having any prizes but now I want a prize.

Any thoughts?

How about this guys I release an early version of the missions when they are complete? In that case you can report any feedback that you have and how I should change things.

(doci7) #63

I wouldn’t mind doing early beta testing… but what I’d really like is a Nobel Peace Prize. Although actually, winning “prestigious” prizes isn’t at all what it used to be. So I guess what I’d really really like is for you to go back in time to, say, 1950, and award me that year’s Nobel Prize.

Thanks in advance! Or actually, thanks circa 68 years late :sweat_smile:

(Darksajuuk) #64

Just wanted to respond to this topic once more with a bit of curiosity. I decided to look around in some of the old files on my PCs and I happened to of noticed that I still had the original WIP version of the Dark Wars mod I was working on and it very much still has the black and purple Dark Progenitor ships that were going to be used in the finished project of the mod but as far as I remember were never featured in either of the two demos I released for the mod. So out of curiosity would those working on this project want me to go ahead and send the hod files for these to ya in some way shape or form? I’m not going to be able to share the entire WIP of the mod due to it being a broken mess but I can certainly the send the hods of the more or less up to date Dark Progenitor ships if you want them.

PS: The image included is just of the Dreadnaught just so you can see what the black and purple Dark Progenitor ships actually looked like in the Hod Editor.

(Caal-Shto) #66

Man I love that Progenitor Dreadnought. Love the Dark Colour.

Blockquote "So out of curiosity would those working on this project want me to go ahead and send the hod files for these to ya in some way shape or form?

That would be great @darksajuuk if you did this. It would help me out hugely. Thanks.
It would be best for me if you send it to me via Gmail since I use it a all of the time.
My Gmail is

details=“Summary”]
NathanBcoco@gmail.com
[/details]

"

(Herbyguitar) #67

Will the dark colors be visible enough in game? It seems very dark.

(Caal-Shto) #68

When @darksajuuk gives me what he has of the original WIP version of the Dark Wars mod, I will have a look at the files and I will tell you @herbyguitar . Hopefully the up to date Dark Progenitors ships look excellent.

(Darksajuuk) #69

Generally speaking the up to date Dark Progenitor ships looked pretty good ingame to me. Not sure on how they will look in HWRM’s engine but in original HW2 they were always visible and easy enough to see.

(doci7) #70

Purple is such a good choice!

(ajlsunrise) #71

Says the guy who created his own race of purple (and green). :wink:

(Snake_B5) #72

Drazi’s fashion is obviously the best one :sunglasses:

(doci7) #73

I’m very glad you recognized my ulterior motive for complimenting the purple :smile:

A good dark purple really can’t be beat though.

(Darksajuuk) #74

Purple is always good for a dark and evil race. At least to me it is. :smiley:

(A nutcase) #75

How do you install this in the steam version?

(Caal-Shto) #76

I haven’t installed it onto steam yet. I will tell you when I have put it on Stream

(A nutcase) #77

Aww…

Well anyways do you know how to change the Ion, Pulsar, Laser, Plasma, Array Beam , or even hyperspace colors? That’s literally all I’m trying to do.

(Caal-Shto) #78

Here is a link to a post where i try and get some answers to the very question

And for the Ion, Pulsar, Laser, Plasma, Array Beam, i believe someone by the name of 178thbattlegroup on YouTube claimed that he one tried it on his Homeworld Remastered Fixed mod video. Not sure if he did it through.

(A nutcase) #79

Nice thanks.

(Caal-Shto) #80

Your welcome

(A nutcase) #81

For a game that’s 3 years old, not to mention one that actually started in 1999, it’s still rather active and going strong. I never expected this amount of people to respond this fast, even on Steam. Then again, I suppose star wars and other space faring related games and cultures (I guess I would call them that) are a broad.