[MOD] Homeworld 2 : The Dark Wars: Update: Campaign missions needs testing!

(Caal-Shto) #82

What mod where you planning to do with changing the Ion, Pulsar, Laser, Plasma, Array Beam , or even hyperspace colours? Just curious

(A nutcase) #83

Well I have an OCD and like to make things match with what I wear so I like to match the vector colors, weapon particles colors, and the engine burst colors to match my faction’s color. It’s not something big, it’s just for cosmetics or something like that.

(A nutcase) #84

I wear a lot of black and purple so I thought this mod would fit.

(Caal-Shto) #85

If you want it for yourself to download the Homeworld 2 version see the second post on this page to see the downloadable version of the mod. I am currently making the Remastered version.

(A nutcase) #86

That’s actually the problem, I only have the Remastered version and while that inclues HW1 & HW2 in their Classic Version. I tried installing it by putting it in the Data folder of Homeworld 2 Classic, but nothing happened.

(Caal-Shto) #87

This is how to install the mod for the CD version
Installing: Unzip, and place the DarkProgenitorKardaranDemo big file and Locale Folder into your Homeworld 2 Data Folder this folder is where you installed Homeworld 2, then type -mod DarkProgenitorKardaranDemo. Big, after Homeworld 2.exe", in a homeworld 2 shortcut’s target line, should look something like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe” -mod DarkProgenitorKardaranDemo. Big.

I guess @darksajuuk didn’t upload the mod for Stream-otherwise you can download it directly form the stream page. I hope that helps

(A nutcase) #88

Well in that case, I should just change the colors of the Taiidan or Progenitor, thanks anyways

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #89

Just discovered lots of models for this mod are on Sketchfab:

Some nice models there.

(Caal-Shto) #90

Thank you @Dom2 for providing this link.
I can now restart this mod again. Still doing the Intro to the campaign and nearly finished the teaser mission

(Caal-Shto) #91

While the intro and teaser mission are finalising, I decided to play with the beast provided by the @herobrine101902 and I have to say the beast version in his mod is far better. Here is a battle between The Taiidan and Turnaic Raiders and the Beast. And @herobrine101902 I was wondering could I use your beast version for my mod!

![20180624171243_1|690x388](upload://oh6eKyPmpAfGBmju5Me5EpsEClb.jpg)

(Caal-Shto) #92

Attention everyone, First of this mod is not dead. I have been away form this mod for several reasons. One reason is that I have made some missions. Second off I have made at least 4 missions and need people to test them. Any Volunteers??

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #93

YES! I am up for seeing a new HWRM mod with a campaign! I am happy to test, but I will struggle to find time in the next week…

(Goose3) #94

Sign me up I do love to test out new Homeworld Missions.

(Herbyguitar) #95

Love this mod! That Turanic mothership concept started with HWCat. Back in the day it was a mothership concept that I designed for the HW1 Turanic vs Kadesh Mod. Back then I was known as ‘Charvell’. I took the Rader outpost as a base and modded a Turanic mothership. It had a very cool door anim that took forever to perfect. I still have the original model around here somewhere. Very cool to see the concept is still alive :slight_smile:

I have some HWRM models you may be interested in… Never been implemented. Could use some TLC. You can use them if you want?
Drone Frigate

Doors Open

Assault Frigate
Ass-Frigate

(Caal-Shto) #96

Thank you @herbyguitar for providing these two awesome Turnaic Raider frigates. I definitely need these two in my Mod and obviously I will credit you for it. May I ask what is “TLC” since I haven’t heard of it before? Also the Turnaic Raider Mothership I was simply testing the @herobrine101902 mod to see if it will work for my mod. Haven’t decided yet.

(Herbyguitar) #97

TLC = Tender Loving Care. They may not be completely set up to import It’s been a while since I worked on them and I’m not sure what else may need to be done to make them ready for export.
Do you have MAX? They’re in MAX format but I can change that if you need it in a different format.

(Caal-Shto) #98

I can use MAX but I mostly use Homeworld blender and Homeworld Remastered CFHodEd Editor. Can I still use it in either form?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Herbyguitar) #99

Here’s my Photobucket HW page. There are pics of a few older models including a Kadesh multibeam frigate, multi-gun frigate, Kadesh repair frigate, Kadesh field frigate. See if there’s anything else you can use. I’ll upload whatever you want to try… they may need setting up for HWRM though.

(Caal-Shto) #100

Thanks @herbyguitar if I need new ships for you to upload for testing I give you a shout.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #101

I do love turanic ships. It seems such a shame they never had a full stock fleet. They could have made a great comeback in homeworld 2, especially given their expanded role in cataclysm…