[MOD] Homeworld 2 : The Dark Wars: Update: Campaign missions needs testing!

(Goose3) #102

Oh you should definitely use that smaller thin mother-ship. I love it… It has been simply put one of the best models ever in Homeworld history (my opinion). And the one with the huge hangar inside the regular outpost model as shipyard.

The frigates also look epic. They look masterfully constructed.

(Caal-Shto) #103

Could you upload the smaller thin mothership that you got requested by @goose3 and the ship with the one with the huge hangar inside the regular outpost model as shipyard.
Could you also upload the frigates please?

(Caal-Shto) #104

[Homeworld Dark Wars Mod Mission 1) is now ready for testing. @Dom2, @goose3 and @herbyguitar. Before you play it through. I am using the Minimum Viable Prototype that @EatThePath created.

To play my mission

1. Download all the items form the link above. (Mission 2 doesn’t work as intended as it Need ships for that)

2. Install it in the Homeworld Data folder under campaign

3. And you can now play my first mission for yourself.

Tell me what you think needs improving and I will resolve it

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #105

Why don’t you create a steam item? You can make it non public and just give access to testers. It is also more representative of the final mod that players will get.

Looking forward to testing this!

(Herbyguitar) #106

The Turanic base and the R2 mothership are original game HW1 models. They’re not HWRM models (low poly) but if you still want them I’ll upload them… No I won’t. I lost them. They’re not on my drive…

Turanic Frigates:

(Goose3) #107

@herbyguitar Your mothership model is already being used in HW:RM despite low poly.

HW Universe remastered mod uses the models both the thin mothership and the one with the huge hangar inside (no longer working since the patch) but you can still get the models in there… It was ported to work under and with HW:Rm. It even has a modified outpost model with separate hangars inside raising the count to 3 potential motherships or shipyards to use. It’s true though the models would need to get enhanced in some cases by the textures or in some case with the new graphical mapping goodies.

There were also few other mods that use some of the mothership models… Not sure if Homeworld FX mod uses the thin mothership but for sure uses the one with the huge hangar inside.

@nathanbcoco

That being said I agree the mission should get implemented in it’s own steam workshop item. I’m sure @Dom2 will help and show you how to create that.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #108

I’m finally back guys, sorry for the wait. Was working on universal conquest and cataclysm remastered.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #109

If you need help with CFHodEd for homeworld rm v2.1, I can help.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #110

Seems like you’ve been busy.

(Caal-Shto) #111

People have been asking about the Cataclysm remastered. They want to know when the first mission is available.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #113

I am not good with making a campaign, you could help if you want. I also need help with making a campaign on universal conquest as well. If you could help that would be great. Its hard doing two mods by myself.

(Caal-Shto) #114

Also how is the Somtaaw and Beast Fleet going for the Homeworld Cataclysm Mod going?

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #115

Very well. Cataclysm Remastered is now on moddb, but back to my question…

(Caal-Shto) #116

I will be willing to help you with your campaign for both mods!

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #117

Thanks. I can add you to my mod group on moddb and steam if you wish.

(Caal-Shto) #118

Go ahead.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #120

You can send me an invite on moddb. On moddb, I’m known as l_Herobrine_l.

(Caal-Shto) #121

I do that in a little while. But I got a question to ask you. (From the Discord Chat)
I have downloaded the files from the GitHub like you suggested, but I cannot get the campaign started. Plz Help?
Which version of the mission 1 level data should I use? Please help. (The top one is 2.0 and the bottom one is 1.34 pre release)

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #122

Use the 2.0 because that should work

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #123

Also, you should leave the ship making to me. The original creator of the mod used the same texture name for different ships. It made the ships look weird. I know how to fix that.

I have already fixed a few of the ships. Here is a list of the fixed ones:

Beast Heavy Cruiser
Beast Ion Array Frigate
Beast Carrier

all three of these ships support team colors now. I did the .TEAM and the .STRP files for both. It took a while both they look awesome.

Here is the carrier and ion array frigate.bst_tur_ionarrayfrigate bst_tur_ionarrayfrigate2 1