[MOD] Homeworld 2 : The Dark Wars: Update: Campaign missions needs testing!

(Caal-Shto) #124

I wasn’t trying to make any ships, because I am terrible. Anyway another question. You know the beast custom fleet that @darksajuuk made for my mod. How is it going?

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #125

With my discovery of how to make the team files, I may redo them to make them look even better than before

(Caal-Shto) #126

I just love all of the beast ships that you are doing for the Cataclysm mod especially the carrier.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #127

I tried to test your mission, but unfortunately I could not get it to work.

1. The files in the dropbox area are not correctly structured. I placed them as follows to try to get them to work:

data/leveldata/campaign/VAT_MVP.campaign
data/leveldata/campaign/VAT_MVP.dds
data/leveldata/campaign/vay_mvp/MV01
data/leveldata/campaign/vay_mvp/MV02

1. Having done the above, the new campaign appeared under “Extra Missions” but the thumbnails did not display.

2. When I tried to launch the mission it crashed with the following error:

parameter: attempt to index global `mvp_data' (a nil value)

I’m guessing that there are some missing files. I suggest you upload a working copy of your mod to steam and restrict access to those doing testing (I do this with my mod by making all the testers “contributors” of the test mod). As it is with the loose files you have supplied, only people with modding knowledge will be able to even get as far as I did. You want to make things as easy as possible for your testers, or they will give up and go away… The steam approach will make it very easy for your testers to install and play the mod.

(Caal-Shto) #128

Thanks for the info I will definitely upload it to Stream.

The thumbnails did not display is a known issue that I have. (I tried to get the thumbnail to work before but for whatever reason it doesn’t work.)
There are some missing files, I admit but as soon as I figure out what files there are, I will update it with those files.

I think the MVP_Campaign idea was not a good idea after all. I will go back to the way that you do the campaign’s and do it form there.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #129

Oops, sorry I realise that the thumbnail for the campaign did work, but it is currently the same as the raiders retreat one. The missions themselves do not have thumbnail files, which is why they didn’t display.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #130

@nathanbcoco , I noticed that you were having trouble with hyperspace textures. If you need help making them, I can help.

(Caal-Shto) #131

@herobrine101902 Could you make the Dark Progenitors have the same hyperspace effect as your Beast fleet but purple?

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #132

I can do that.

(Caal-Shto) #133

Thanks you very much