[MOD] Homeworld Fulcrum 0.3.0.0: Single player mission available

(Siber) #425

It’s a complexity that probably won’t be exceptionally visible in game events, but one that I think is useful to have in the background informing things, and it’s very very fun for me to write. The statement that they are the empire is one that you could find lot of different perspectives on in the setting. Some could say they’re the empire reborn, some that they’re a empire but not the empire, and others could say they’re a wannabe empire, or something else entirely with delusions of grandeur or really good propaganda. You could find people predicting that they’re the seed of another true galactic empire, and others predicting that Empress Corrstei is a temporary figurehead who is going to have no successor.

Essentially, the confederation is different from the old imperials in that, while their rhetoric often suggests that the republic is illegitimate and should fall under the Empress’ authority, in practical terms they do have real diplomatic relations with the republic and other nations, and participate in the galactic council. Imperialists don’t allow any of that, and in the modern era of HW@ are essentially relegated to small pockets of piracy, having mostly either joined the confederacy or been killed by it. To this day they often refer to the republic as rebels, and the confederacy as rebels or usurpers.

Also, I’m loving seeing the progress lately on the assault frigate :smiley:

(doci7) #426

I was hoping you would weigh in on the Confederacy here! As it’s not my idea I simply can’t explain it in that depth, try as I may.

(Chimas) #427

It seems you guys have a fan in dA

(doci7) #428

Ha ha ha HA!!! That does look like something I’ve seen before :smile:

(doci7) #429

Time for another update on the geometry, particularly because of the revised dorsal spike:

(x-Ray) #430

Hi I sorry i wasnt around quite some time so i missed the search for a name… Computer Problems… but your Mod takes place after the Hiigarans Landfall and the Taiidan Empire falls apart. Many other races in the Galaxy see their chances to improve their influence because of this also the Galactic Council right? So if everybody in the Galaxy wants their pice form the dying Taiidan Empire… what about a dramatic Name like:

Homeworld RM @ FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN EMPIRE

Homeworld RM @ BURNING EMPIRE

(x-Ray) #431

or

Homeworld RM @ FALLEN EMPIRE

Homeworld RM @ EMPIRE IN FLAMES

Homeworld RM @ SHADOW OVER THE FALLEN EMPIRE

Homeworld RM @ SHADOW OF THE FALLEN EMPIRE

(doci7) #432

Well, the Taiidan are only one cog (er, two or two and a half cogs) in a bigger story, and the Empire is a few generations distant now. Also the poll options were meant to be quite rigidly the FINAL options, surely as a safeguard against indecision. I don’t know if that resolution really helped us, but we haven’t gone back on it, and probably are unlikely to. But of course, we’re very pleased that you care enough to offer input!

(x-Ray) #433

Sorry didn t knew that…

(REARM V2) #434

That backfired “a bit”.

(Snake_B5) #435

Homeworld : Hard Choices :laughing:

(REARM V2) #436

The ultimate hidden meta name.

(doci7) #437

That’s another name I’d back 100%! Or even “Impossible Choices”.

(x-Ray) #438

You Guys are really funny…:smile:

(x-Ray) #439

@EatThePath @Kragle @Pouk and @all the others that work on this Mod here is one of my most favourite Screenshots as Little Thank you for all the work… :wink:

(REARM V2) #440

I don’t get credit for this mod.

(doci7) #441

Well, you do now, LOL! :smile::smile::smile:

(Snake_B5) #442

Maybe one of your Poukies worked on it without your approbation ^^

(REARM V2) #443

Let me investigate their hard drives…

(Chimas) #444

Given that we are talking about names and naming process, maybe you guys might find this exercise interesting. Sometimes I look for name groups and envision them naming SHIPs.
Here is a list of names taken from the Gaelic Mythology and applied to Hiigaran Ships, as examples.
Source
Meanings were disregarded:

Fighters Fighter names come from the Welsh section: Scout - Nisien Interceptor - Aeron Bomber - Cigfa
Corvettes Corvette names come from the Gaelic section: Gunship - Airmid Plasma Corvette - Caillech Mine-layer - Danand
Frigates Frigate names come from the Gaulish and Brythonic section: Flak Frig - Aventia Torpedo Frig - Andarta Ion Cannon Frig - Ankou Marine Frig - Brigantia Defense Field Frig - Damara
Capital Capital ship names come from the Welsh section too: Destroyer - Sedatus Carrier - Dis Pater BattleCruiser - Leucetios

There are more good names there and also here