[MOD] Homeworld Universal Conquest

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #48

@Dom2 I’m sure. I felt that the vaygr were so restricted to certain ships only being able to build certain things at a time. Out of all of the original playable races, the vaygr has the smallest ship varieties in the game. With the addition of subsystems and facilities, and only allowing the vaygr carrier to have one facility instead of three at a time, I felt the vaygr were at a disadvantage.

But that ends now.

Now this carrier has all three.

I also added in the Convoy Class Hive Frigate.

But these two aren’t my prized creations… No
This is. I PRESENT YOU, NEXUS MK II

This ship’s firepower has been reduced, but those guns though…

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #49

Added the Somtaaw ship list. Tried to make it based on the ships they had in HW:C

I also added in the Kadeshi ship list.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #50

I have a question for you all, I want to add another ship for the Galactonian Armada. Do you want them to have a Hive Frigate, a Defense Field Frigate, or both?

• Hive Frigate
  • Defense Field Frigate
  • Both

0 voters

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #51

You may feel the Vaygr were at a disadvantage, but they have been set up that way since 2003. In the early days some people thought the Vaygr were “broken” in some way, but others worked out that the Vaygr require a different approach to the Hiigarans. Experienced players will probably find your mod very unbalanced with this extra Vaygr production capability. Have a look here for instance:

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #52

New Map

An 8p map: The Great Garden Of Kadesh

At the center of the map, you can find the Cathedral of Kadesh with a derelict Khar-Toba, a derelict old hiigaran imperial carrier, and other wreckage.

I also have a 5p version of the Cathedral Of Kadesh too

[TOOL] PayDay's Map Editor
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #53

Nice! There should be more of this sort of thing. Especially since it is so easy to do.

I think Tanis could be made into a good multiplayer map too…

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #54

I could make a Tanis map for you if you want.

(Is this thing on?) #55

I keep reading that as “Tannis” and wondering if this is some strange HW/BL crossover universe thing…

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #56

Tanis is the location of the first mission in the HW2 campaign.

(Gregorymthompso1) #57

i wish i could see it better…

(Caal-Shto) #58

I think the Guys who made the FX Galaxy Mod already has a Tanis type map. It is called the Plans of the Forgotten (FX). You can make a Tanis map, go for it :smile:

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #59

INSANE BEAST FLEET

WE LIVE… AGAIN!!!

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #60

!!!ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

I need your help. Sadly, @LeviathansWrath has officially quit modding Homeworld Universe and has put me in charge of the project. I CAN’T do it alone. For those of you who supported Homeworld Universe, I call for your help to revive the project. If you are interested in helping me on this project, :heart: this comment.

(Leviathans Wrath) #61

Wasn’t just modding I quit on mind you I wasn’t gonna be able to update it to the new patch, was originally working six days a week until I got a new job but bunch of other ■■■■ went wrong, I am officially handing over author rights for all the materials that went into the mod, so at least it won’t be a complete waste, especially considering you can’t find much of the source material anymore, I’ll probably end up homeless but what’s done is done. I used gaming as a means of escape from extreme abuse and it became my undoing

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #62

I’m speechless

(Leviathans Wrath) #63

Had a psycho for a parent, didn’t want a boy etc, got pushed to the point where I stayed locked up, latched onto hw as a means of escape

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #64

I know how it is. My stepmother hated and still hates me. She’s a witch, literally.

(Leviathans Wrath) #65

I wasn’t willing to do anything, or learn, became resistant towards everyone and everything, hell the only interactions I ever did was via comp

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #66

wow…

(GOLIATH Mod) #67

Sounds totally sucky man. Best of luck to you.