[MOD] Homeworld Universal Conquest

(Leviathans Wrath) #89

Could be a few months to a year but probably shorter

(Leviathans Wrath) #90

Well made up my mind about a career pathmight as well go into game design since I’ve been a modder for 8 years any idea how to become a QA tester? As well as good companies for it

1 Like
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #91

I created a mod page for everything related to Homeworld Universe

(Leviathans Wrath) #92

Nextv

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #93

Time to revive this topic with a new map!

I present: Galatia, home of the Galactonian Empire!

6 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #94

Yes! More backgrounds! Nice work, I like it. Did you manage to do this with cfhoded as well? I didn’t manage to get it to do anything useful with backgrounds…

1 Like
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #95

I used a combination of your HW blender toolkit and @sastrei’s method

3 Likes
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #96

But speaking of which, @sastrei, your tutorial.blend cube map camera things were sideways. Had to reconfigure the background image results with Gimp and @PayDay’s map editor.

3 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #97

I could never get the cube maps figured out. Do you have a definitively “correct” example that I can use for reference? I could use it to fix the blender plugin.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #98

I like this name. It fits with your faction and it also continues the homeworld tradition of vaguely biblical names like Tanis and kadesh.

1 Like
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #99

Thanks. That what I was going for when I named the planet.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #100

No I don’t but @sastrei does… sort of. I can edit his and re-release it if that’s fine with him. When I tried to use your blender HW plugin @Dom2, it wouldn’t export the pictures. I had to do it manually.

I also just thought of a problem that may develop this summer. I may not be on at all here on Gearbox. I do have a Discord server though. If you would like to contact me that way, just visit my profile and you’ll find a link.

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #101

What version of blender are you using? I think I made it for 2.79 and even then it doesn’t work very well!

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #102

Mine is past 2.79

(Sastrei) #103

@herobrine101902 and @Dom2 feel free to re-release whatever you need of my example stuff. :+1:

2 Likes
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #104

Thanks. I’ll make the adjustments. :smiley: