[MOD] Homeworld Universe Remastered

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1

This is a mod project by @LeviathansWrath that adds many races from other mods into one mod. It hasn’t been working for sometime… but that ends soon. I will need your help to revive the mod.

Comment below what you all want to see in this project, whether that be races, weapons, ships, etc.

[MOD] Homeworld Universal Conquest
(Goose3) #2

I used to be a member of said mod but mostly active as beta tester and advisor. I tried to determine a certain balance (vs. ai not vs. human).

1. What I would like to see in the remastered version naturally would be to see it working again for one thing.

That being said ofc. the stock factions should get replaced with their hw:rm counterparts. Once that’s done I’d like to see remastered Cataclysm (Emerged) factions for which you are already contributing judging by the other topic.

1. Once that’s done you will probably have to re-code the whole ai sub routines… HWU used a hack to go around the race limit hw2 vanilla used to have… Seeing as that was one of the first things to get fixed in hw:rm. I’d like to see proper and individually adjusted ai’s for the various factions which are partially completely different beginning with the actual ship types they can build.

2. Hw:RM supports 10p maps - hw2 vanilla didn’t I’d love to see plenty more 10p seeing how many races hwu supports.

3. I’d love to see texture replacements for Beast evolved by utilizing the original Beast textures (just up scaled with photo shop etc. so that they still look sharp.) I never liked the replacement textures seeing how they had little to nothing in common with the original beast textures.

4. In such an endeavor the community patch naturally should get implemented as default. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1190476337

5. HWU never really used to be that mp compatible without getting access violation errors… Make that your top priority.

(Leviathans Wrath) #3

Well gonna need a team for it my main area of experience is getting ships in, setting the teams up and ai working, to really set things apart need people that can code etc I can’t, I only use wordpad or notepad, I never learned how to script didn’t take the time to learn, oh mp mapsi had a habit of combining maps into one. Now I end a question should all 20 plus be added in or do just the races from the series. Before the patch broke the mod I did the series races at the time. Oh and bypass the rng system make it so it’s not hit chance related for bullets etc. And I want to bring back e cannons.https://youtu.be/JEHgHV13xJMl

(Leviathans Wrath) #4

@goose3
@darksajuuk
@herobrine101902
@Chimas
@herbyguitar
@Shadowgaz
@Cloaked
@Dom2
@nathanielmattock
@nathanbcoco
Reason why the mod didn’t get updated was because I was forced into a situation while I was forced to put the life of another first it was a life-or-death situation for him, in the end it didn’t matter, I wasted my time and earnings thinking I could save him. It’s going to be a while before my situation stabilizes before I can do anything. I gave up 2-3 yrs and 5 figures for a hopeless fight. Did it because he was like the older brother I never had. But that’s all I’m gonna say on this subject. Now I gotta heal from all this

(Goose3) #5

Good luck to you.

(Leviathans Wrath) #6

@herbyguitar buddy refresh my memory what is your steam handle

(Herbyguitar) #7

herbyguitar. Same as here. I think it’s set in all caps though… Nope. Just looked. It’s the same as here.
Are you LeviathanReaper on Steam? If you are, we’re already friends.

(Goose3) #8

Coming to think about it there’s possibly room to delete some of the races that contained only an official limited capacity of ships. (stock factions such as the turranic raiders & kadeshi) They got far better custom made races that contain full ship sets + the official ships as well.

It might save a lot of editing and porting time not to mention possibly a reduced file size if said assets were in fact duplicated and not just re used within the scripts.

(Leviathans Wrath) #9

This is what I got planned for the mod so far get everything into it that is working from the original version with the exception of the incomplete teams the Tobari and bentusi, bypass the RNG system in order to make the game skill-based nut accuracy based don’t know how that’s going to affect ion beams though lasers etc. Include energy cannons for taiidan, kushan, beast and somtaaw as well as their onslaught counterparts. Include the beast infection beam script now that it is fully functional. Make sure that high unicaps are dealt with to ensure that research ships are capped at 6 apparently players were complaining in the other version that ai with only Build research ships.

(Goose3) #10

Sounds good Levi… :slight_smile:

(Leviathans Wrath) #11

Of course I have no idea how long it’s going to take

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #12

Take your time.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #13

I was actually thinking of keeping the bentusi in. I have plans for them as well as some new ships.

ON TO MY NEW MIMIC IDEA
I also have a plan for the mimic as well. I’m going to be taking advantage of a bug within the game that prevents subsystems from changing team colors when changing teams. I will use subsystems as mimic forms. When “mimicing” a ship, I will have a script to check for what mimic form you’re using and for what race the mimic form belongs to.

If your opponent has a ship you are mimicing, the mimic will switch teams, change form, then switch back. That way, the mimic will use the enemy team’s colors but be under your control.

What do you all think?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #14

That sounds like a good idea, especially if there is no way of getting a player team/stripe colors by scripting…

(Leviathans Wrath) #15

Region 6 takes 6 months to a year but goes faster depending on what happens, mhr or homeless shelter

(Leviathans Wrath) #16

Here’s I am going to do with the mod, make the scaffold the starting ship for the kushan, have it build the Ms so you can get access to ur super caps, scaffold can still build fighters vets frigs ulitity, taiidan I would like an Outpost that can build the flagship and launch it to mirror ks, somtsaw start out with the fall corum and can summon the kun laan, beast infected research module grows into the command ship, don’t know if the last part can be fone

(Leviathans Wrath) #17

Not sure to include e cannons for hw 1 teams thoy

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #18

Just have the kuun-lan be the starter ship for the somtaaw.

I like the idea. I may be able to help with the script to use them too.

I do like the idea for the beast mothership. I can make the infected module’s hanger bay and engine both be one subsystem. I will have it to where the module won’t be able to move until you get the beast hanger bay / engine module subsystem.

The beast team will start with a research module that is built into the mothership. (meaning it can’t be destroyed) It will be the genetics module.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #19

There is a way but it is difficult, much more than my method.

(Leviathans Wrath) #20

If ur way is easier shoot for it. I’m kinda against using the scaffold for the taiidan thou I know it got used in the hw one campaign. Taiidan republic team sounds great. Speed reduction for kadeshi for swarmers out of range like in fx