[MOD] Homeworld Universe Remastered

(Goose3) #21

My suggestion for the Turranic raiders btw. would be to merge the 3 turranic factions that are in game.

That large vessel here would be the Turranic Flagship similar to that of the Vaygr in it’s function: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpqJsg48k0

The huge station that also FX Galaxy mod uses would serve as shipyard while the outpost with the smaller hangar doors (HWU/Cata based) would primarily serve as advanced research center and minor ship construction facility, fighters & corvettes, frigates.

For the Taiidan I would suggest taking the same approach as the original HWU did. So the research centers will become their shipyards unless ofc. you can trade with FX Galaxy to get their amazing shipyard for something else HWU owns. Back then we traded the Vanaar Jet for their improved Taiidan mothership.

I would also suggest to implement the Taiidan weapon satellite first seen in DoK down scaled as anti ship turret platforms. https://youtu.be/CGBk_OH5oto?t=57

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #22

I have a remastered shipyard of my own. I am trying to exchange it for FXG’s Khar Toba

(Leviathans Wrath) #23

Will definitely turn into the one of the largest teams

(Leviathans Wrath) #24

Anyways good news everyone my case manager found a work program that has housing open door mission

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #25

That’s great

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #26

But knowing FXG… Chances of getting their things are slim

However… …I think I can pull it off. But that means I need to get busy to get the things that they want.

(Leviathans Wrath) #27

Personally I would prefer having a facility that would build a flagship like the scaffold would have the flagship build the super caps or use the scaffolding and but it’s not taiidan ish

(Leviathans Wrath) #28

Would be nice if everybody shared our open policy ask and receive

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #29

AMEN TO THAT! It would make things so much easier.

(Leviathans Wrath) #30

That’s why models get lost, as lso not so sure about merging the raiders and kadexhi teams. 23 down suggested it up there. Got a Ms class ship we tc that would be left over

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #31

I would not merge the Raider and Kadeshi teams. I would have them be separate.

(Leviathans Wrath) #32

Once we get the eight main teams done I’ll see if captainshack from xpgamers will do a show cast.
Basically get attention on The mod

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #33

Cool.

(Leviathans Wrath) #34

He has nearly half a million subscribers watching him

(Goose3) #35

I never suggested merging the TR and Kadeshi together…

There were numerous teams of the same races in HWU. I suggested merging those to turn their specific races into ultimate races ship wise. A little build script to randomly build harvester variant A or harvester variant B so nothing is sacrificed and wolla you got it all.

Similar as we did it with the Beast and their Carriers and Ion frigates back then.

(Leviathans Wrath) #36

Should be good once we get going on this

(Herbyguitar) #37

I’ve got some ships that may fill some slots. P1, P2, …
My Tur Mothership Was the inspiration for all that followed. Built way back in the early 2000’s for HW1… the final model had a ‘mad’ with 8 synchronized triangular shaped hangar doors, hinged along the front to open out. A bitch to set up but looked pretty cool back in the day…

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #38

Nice. I have some of my own ships as well for the Turanic Raiders and Kadeshi. I would like to see yours though just to know what we can work with.

Check this out though

I added a lightning effect to the beast mothership. What do you think?

(Caal-Shto) #39

The beast mothership looks awesome with that lighting effect.:smile:

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #40

I just made a wireframe mesh of it and put it on it. Then I duplicated it and mirrored the duplicated wireframe mesh to make the textures of the two meshes glitch, making it look like the electricity was moving.