[MOD] Homeworld Universe Remastered

(Leviathans Wrath) #61

Yes by all means that use it

(Leviathans Wrath) #62

Can’t wait to have it fully working bentusi fleet

(Leviathans Wrath) #63

T- mat!!!
Gonna bring back battle ships, and ultra captials
In order to do this need battleships for the other races we got the higgys covered, vaygr, taiidan, beast covered, progenitor. Would like for kushan a mark 2 avatar or sajuuks wrath.

https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+queen+Homeworld&prmd=vsin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj3z-OArvvgAhXM34MKHf-xCrMQ_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=360&bih=592#imgrc=vJGupc9Jqkl2NM
https://www.google.com/search?q=amazon+queen+Homeworld&prmd=vsin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj3z-OArvvgAhXM34MKHf-xCrMQ_AUoA3oECAwQAw&biw=360&bih=592#imgrc=xBrbAlPrWcQUNM

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #64

Sajuuk’s wrath should go to the derelict kushan team and be used as their mothership

(Goose3) #65

In all honesty I’d scrap the whole Derelict team. Unless some modders might be willing to loan their ships which appear Hiigaran looking - yet still different than the hw2 Hiigarans. 'Cause lets admit it that whole team is somewhat simple looking. The model author was just a beginner back then. It doesn’t fit quality wise with the remaining factions.

If I had the time and energy I’d try to decompile the ship models seen in DoK and import them into HW RM for a new Derelict team. We’ve seen several frigate designs sitting in ground hangars and some more concept arts during the videos which were claimed as ancient Hiigaran designs. Other ships can be re-used from the official derelicts sections such as their cruisers, carriers and the numerous corvettes. The Republican Taiidani by @Dom2 could be re purposed as Ancient Taiidan Empire vessels should any of you ever consider making a mini campaign out of such 2 factions.

As for the Qwaar Jet Mark 2. I hope somebody (possibly @Dom2 some day) will construct this vessel as Medium cruiser where the original Mark1 serves as light Cruiser.

Considering he intends to construct new Imperial Taiidan ships after he is done with the Republican faction for his planned SP campaign. Chances aren’t that bad to see that beauty one day in game.

the Vanaar Jet remastered for Taiidan Imps as Heavy cruiser or Dreadnought.

That represents naturally only my opinion on the subject… :slight_smile:

(Leviathans Wrath) #66

Got both ships. Now that I think about it doesn’t of ship look like something from the FX mod from the progenitor team

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #67

@goose3 That’s the Neer-Mah light cruiser

Wish the model was released though

(Goose3) #68

I know and no model of it exists released to date…

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #69

There is, but it wasn’t released to the public.

However there is a video of the model is use

(Goose3) #70

Probably long lost by now.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #71

I found it

(Leviathans Wrath) #72

That looks a lot like a ship that’s being used by the FX team

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #73

He must have had a textured model in order to make those renders. Can anyone get in contact with him?

(Goose3) #74

Might be worth a try to see if the author of said video still has the Neer-Mah light cruiser model.

Then again it’s been such a long time and there’s no guarantee that the uploader of the video didn’t just re-upload it a 10th time. Perhaps Enterprise-E was the original vid creator. Hard to tell.

Here’s a nice shot that shows the model details and it wasn’t even considered a final version by Enterprise.

It’ll probably better just to remake the model. HW Rm offers more possibilities anyway compared to hw2 vanilla. The model as shown here in high likelihood wouldn’t be of much use anyway. Considering it is a high definition model. It wouldn’t be that practical for the sake of FPS and engine limitations to implement any high poly model in HW RM.

@LeviathansWrath HW FX doesn’t use that ship. At least not yet anyway. Who knows what they got in store for us with their RPG gaming mode if that is still a thing at all.

(Leviathans Wrath) #75

It was a long-range artillery ship, fires a dread beam. Also fired what looked like drones from Stargate and had something that would move around on the Hull. Was called the arsenal ship

(Weimond) #76

By the way, will this mod include a HW1 Derelict mod Kushan reskin race?
Mostly a reskin, units work the same though but some have different shapes.

I imagine it implemented as a race that reuses Kushan unit stats so any stats changed on Kushan would affect the Derelict race.