I have some MOD ideas, that I’m researching how to implement them.
In the “ship department”, I’m starting to design a VGR tanker, for example. if I succeed to do that, I’ll move ahead to other more complicated projects.
Another small sized project is a VAYGR campaign to be developed in a cooperative sense.
More details in the link above, but the missions are just illustrative.
- Test Gearbox’s new campaign menu system;
- No new 3D asset or special AI needed, just a notepad and/or editors that are functional and freeware;
- Have modders working and discussing mission design at the same time;
- Make it an open project where anyone willing to make its first map, can try and add it there, before diving on a full campaign or more complex mission making;
- Stimulate and spread the usage of Random events to enhance replayability ( a missing feature in the stock campaign)
- By consequence, help developing the old editors somehow;
- Anyone part of the project will be a tester of everybody else, naturally.
I think this idea don’t go ahead because I’m the wrong person to lead it. I would need experience in map making and more skilled ppl don’t want to commit, at least now.
Some modders have told me that, if I get more ppl to come in, they would join. I can persuade ppl to be part, but I believe we would need someone more technically skilled to lead the process.
If anyone wants to make it or be part of it, just send me a message. If things start to shape up we can make a thread for it. If we use SKYPE (or any kind of messenger like IRC) associated with a SVN, it’s guaranteed that it will be fun.