Mod ideas MEGA THREAD

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #122

That sounds interesting. Will the rebels have the same ships as the imperials, like Elson’s destroyer? Are you thinking of a single player campaign?

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #123

Yeah, I’m thinking more about attempting my own single player campaign rather then making new ships since at the time the Taiidan all used the same anyway.

(Chimas) #124

HI everyone,
I made some badges from YAMATO novel (universe), but I won’t create a thread just for that issue, so it’s being published here. For anyone interested, the link is below:

[details=YAMATO badges]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2tn5MUm1ci1dUpraEZPdlJ2RzQ/view?usp=sharing[/details]

(Gavincolville) #125

Good evening!

I am not good at making mods. I have to admit I have wasted 5 nights after work trying to extract a .big file… I just am not good at these things.

I would like to commission a modder to make a mod for me.
I merely want the Kushan mothership to be able to move during single player campaign mode in Homeworld 1 Classic.
Nothing more.

I know it’s part of the story and so forth, but spare me your speeches. I’m an old guy that played the original when it first released and I absolutely loved it when it came out.
But the bloody ship couldn’t move.
Such a beautiful ship, could not even move.
It broke my heart, and I know I’m not the only one.

To me, that was like the Enterpise D not having an impulse drive. How ridiculous

Now, I paid a modder “spoonfrog”, bless their heart, $30 to make this very same mod for the HW1 Remastered version and it works perfectly but he doesn’t seem to know much about editing the classic version.
The mod he made is amazing.

However I would love to see one made for the Classic version.
I know the Remastered technically has better graphics, but there’s something about the original that had a more… Anime feel? I don’t know how to explain it but I just love the old graphics. Those were different times.

Anyways, If one of you jolly good modders out there could help me out and build this mod for me, and post it over at the Steam workshop (Not before I reward you of course) well then you get a nice $30 Paypal reward coming your way.

Cheers, and thank you!
Gavin

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #126

This forum doesn’t support the exchange of services for money.

(Gavincolville) #127

My apologies, it’s just that I been trying and trying to get help on this and I can’t do it myself and all of my questions seem to fall on deaf ears.

So I don’t know what to do.
It’s not like I’m trying to sell something here, I’m legitimately trying to get help even if I have to pay for it.

You should think of it as a contest. I did this same thing over at the steam forums for the Remastered version and it’s been getting downloaded like crazy.

Everybody will be happy in the end if you let this happen. Everybody wants the Kushan mothership to move, don’t you see?

Anyways, I’ll edit the post, minus the reward, but I’m not going to get anywhere on this project you see?

Cheers!

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #128

Hey, we just have to say that to protect the forum legally if something were to go ‘wrong’ with any such exchange. I’m sure you understand that many things can go wrong in these situations.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #129

It’s a half hour job for someone who knows what they are doing with HW1C modding (not me). I don’t think the reward is necessary, in did the remastered one before you offered the reward, you just happened to post your reward offer a few seconds before I posted the solution. Of course I still took the reward…

(Siber) #130

Unfortunately I think this isn’t really a half hour mod, I think the disabling of the engines is done at (no pun intended) the engine level, so not really something that’s feasible to change except by high level hex wizards.

(Gavincolville) #131

So it’s well worth the reward then, eh?
:wink:
I mean, we can talk about that off-forum…

(Siber) #132

Probably, but that’s not within my abilities, I am sorry to say.

(Gavincolville) #133

The contest rages on!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #134

Idea: an asteroid latching mine/platform:

It latches onto an asteroid. When enemy ships approach (e.g. a player stats harvesting the resource patch), the mine detonates, with a large splash damage. Or else the latched platform launches lots of missiles.

Not sure how practical this is. I guess you would have to make it a resourcer and stop it from unlatching somehow…

(Gregorymthompso1) #135

make it a resourcer with a harvesting rate of 0 so that it never fills up?

(DoomLord) #136

How about a race mod that has Living Crystals in space (Like from Stellaris but more interesting)

picture for idea brewing

im tempted to give this a shot myself tbh…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #137

A chess mod. Seriously. We could set up a board using Fx. There must be some open source AI code for the opponent. The knights could hyperspace. Totally doable.

HW1 units:

• King = mothership
  • Queen = heavy cruiser
  • Bishop = destroyer
  • Knight = carrier, with docked bombers that come out when attacking
  • Rook = missile destroyer
  • Pawns = frigates

(doci7) #138

LOLOLOL!

(meantek95) #139

A mod request - HW-RM Classic UI

Hi HW community!

I was wondering if any of the modder members would be interested in taking up a project to create a remastered version of the classic UI?

A classic UI would make a great addition to the remastered variants with a few tweaks to incorporate the new features of the remastered variants plus a splash of background transparency with the new remastered UI buttons and ship images.

The remastered UI is poorly scaled, takes up way too much screen space, difficult to navigate and just gets in the way in general, The classic UI however with it’s simplistic approach is designed with usability and ease a access in mind.

To elaborate, the build/launch/research buttons are located at the top of the screen requiring more mouse work; the subsystems are so small and poorly positioned it makes it difficult to see what subsystem are installed and how about that useless in your face sensors manager button taking up valuable space that could be used to display more relevant ship data.

Working with the lua files have proven a challenge, I haven’t the slightest clue of the syntax or which files call reference to load assets.

It would appear the RM UI is configured to use tables referenced in multiple lua files.

I have a copy of the Homeworld 2 Classic decompiled data found on ModDB but porting it to HW-RM using a relatively different configuration is going to be difficult, I haven’t had much luck modding the RM lua files but I’ve lost plenty of hair.

If anyone is interested in taking up the project I have a good design in mind for a remastered classic UI.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #140

Calling @Dwarfinator the ui expert.

(Buckler) #141

So I’m trying to find a way to change the color of Ion beams cause I have an OCD and like to match the color with my side’s colors. As in, having orange, yellow, green, purple, and maybe pink. Further more I’m looking to, by the very least, make that mod myself. If someone could make that for me or has already made that, it’d be nice too. But I’m just asking how to create a mod like that for remastered, and yeah that’s all I want in the game. It’s dumb and simple, but it’s what I’m looking for.

I may also like to extend this to the Pulsar Beams, Plasma lance, Lasers, Nanite Cannon, and maybe even the Phase Cannon Array