[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

10 Likes

Looks awesome! Definitely has that “giant gun” feel to it.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s looking good

3 Likes

Oh YAY! The Heavy Cruiser is BACK!

2 Likes

Well I’m not very vocal about being back, because it’s embarrassing how long this ship takes.

18 posts were split to a new topic: Mod development efficency

A thing about texturing: Hours of work are not enough to see any difference:

I wonder, are there actually people who enjoy this process? Do they exist? Because the only thing I’ll ever enjoy about texturing is looking at the finished ship.

EDIT:
OK now I’m off to bed:

(Still looks exactly the same, doesn’t it? :slight_smile: )

EDIT2:
The difference between this and a Buddhist mandala?
I don’t know, it’s both ridiculously tedious work and when you’re done, you’ll get to blow it up.

OK now I’ll stop bitching about texturing, I swear. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like watching! I see the difference. Carry on, and post pics.

2 Likes

When you create the texture, do you put lights as place holders, that will be removed in the final version? Or are you able to emulate lighting in the editor?

edit: btw, are you using PS and 3DSMax?

Lights as in glow maps? There is a placeholder glow map, but only for the hangar (you can see it being bright blue). The rest, what you see on these pictures, just came out that way. It’s not shining, it’s just mostly not placed in the shadows, so it looks bright as if it was glowing.
But I could create a glow map with lights I currently have, but I don’t need to yet.

Yes, PS and Max.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t have anything new to say, but I feel like reiterating that you produce the best looking HW2Vaygr ships I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Then again, people very rarely make Vaygr ships in the first place. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but when Siber says the best looking HW2 Vaygr ships, I believe he includes the stock models :wink:

Today was weird, out of tune, yet somewhat faster:

I shouldn’t spam every day, because then I’ll make people confused about why I’m posting the same thing over and over. There is a small chance that two or three days are enough to see ‘some’ difference.
Bloody texturing.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying “spot the difference”, and there is definitely progress there! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what it is. :slight_smile:
A meta game you might say.

4 Likes

I admire your persistance. It is paying off! I am also aware that one day I’ll be texturing ships as big as this :fearful:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s actually why I’m doing this first, so the smaller that’ll come after should feel easy.
It’s not hard if you know what you want and how to achieve it. it’s just a lot of it at once.