[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(ajlsunrise) #1545

I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to be difficult…

(REARM V2) #1546

It’s hard to understand what I mean without showing it. I know I wouldn’t from my own description. So here’s what I mean:

This:

Is basically this, a sideways turret:

So when you make a codeRed animation, you animate the piece of the ship and the whole turret, so two rotations in total, like this:

But you animate the joint that is parent to the whole turret, not pieces inside the turret, the whole turret mount.

So wings have upside down turrets:

So if in the codeRed animation you rotate the whole turret, it looks like this:

This is how would it looked if you didn’t animate anything:

If you were to animate the rotation of the whole turret in yet another axis, a second one, you could, but then it would do this:

The gun would dislocate from its joint.

You could solve it if you could animate the inners of the turret hierarchy. But I don’t think that you can.

(REARM V2) #1555

Literally first team color tests in game:

(REARM V2) #1556

Little angry wasps:

Although there is a notable progression, it’s no big change overall. I’m mostly just spamming really.

(doci7) #1557

Spam all you want! We don’t see a lot of other ships being worked on right now.

(REARM V2) #1558

Fair enough.

(Siber) #1559

I agree with Kragle, I’m enjoying looking at this ship!

(REARM V2) #1560

(Sastrei) #1561

Lookin’ great so far! WIP texture I presume - might need some scuffing up on the edges, especially where it opens and closes?

(REARM V2) #1562

Man I only just started. The state it is in is setting up the basic layout. It will be a WIP for a while. :slight_smile:

(jelrak) #1563

I would love to learn your level of skill in this…! The actual modelling itself would not quite appeal to me as much as the texturing, mind you… :wink:

(Herbyguitar) #1564

Whow! You’re a rare bird! Most modelers would rather build than map…

(REARM V2) #1565

First step to get better at anything is to start doing it. Anyone can get into texturing.

(REARM V2) #1566

(jelrak) #1567

I tend to prefer repetitive tasks with a high degree of detail…it is probably one reason I enjoy programming…

I also seem to really enjoy other people’s creations far more than my own :slight_smile:

I would much rather dress up someone else’s model than attempt to bring about some ‘stunning’ original design of my own :wink:

(jelrak) #1568

I suppose once I have actually begun a proper project using the right tools I will be able to hopefully catch on, but at the moment it simply seems very intimidating to know how to even begin.

(miclebrick) #1569

I mostly do programming and some texturing, and I am terrible at 3D modelling. But hey, LEGO modelling is completely different :slight_smile:

EDIT: Textures that I do are usually seamless terrain textures though

(REARM V2) #1570

I will absolutelly teach you and guide you if you want to learn texturing on my station models. We can texture that Turanic Outpost together. I’ll finish the UV mapping and I’ll explain everything, what needs to be done and it will be a real project with real use. If you’ll be good at it I’ll absolutely want you on more of my models.
Do you have Photoshop?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1571

Yes! Training up other people is the best stop-gap until cloning becomes widely available.

(jelrak) #1572

That would be wonderful!

I currently have Blender, Paint.net and Gimp, but I could see if I could get a copy of Photoshop if it is needed for this. I may also have CorelDraw…?