[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

I will build it :slight_smile:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1594

So does the"body" animation happen on build and the “open” animation happen on deployment?

(REARM V2) #1595

Correct.

(REARM V2) #1596

I think I’m making these textures a ‘bit’ too similar, but then again the ship is very different in concept, so I suppose it doesn’t harm to get too close in the texture to equalize that difference. Also we’re talking about Vaygr Fighters which are really all the same. In most other cases it would be an error.
Good practice at least, even if it’s painfully unimaginative. Apart from the background gray metal it’s all hand made.

(doci7) #1597

I’m sure you’re doing the right thing… best to save the imaginative texturing for the really different pieces, don’t you think? Looks great and authentic… I’d rather have really authentic Vaygr Fighter texturing than unnecessarily dynamic and imaginative texturing. So… great work!!!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1598

I agree, I think it looks great. Consistency is a good thing, as you say the two ships are similar in size and role.

(REARM V2) #1599

(doci7) #1600

WoooOOOOOOW. That’s a big update there! Starting to look very far along from the posterior view!!! And not just far along, but gorgeous!

(REARM V2) #1601

Glad you like it. :slight_smile:
The last thing in the main body diffuse is the cockpit, but I decided I’ll take it mostly from the Assault Craft for consistency. Then last finishing touches on the normal map and then specular and reflections and the texturing is past half way finished.
Then the arms textures, which is on the second separate texture sheet.

(REARM V2) #1602

(Chimas) #1603

I have a strong feeling someone wants to siege Hiigara again … :wink:

(doci7) #1604

Oh, wonderful! I couldn’t remember if you planned to make a new vette or not. What kind of a thing is it?!?

(REARM V2) #1605

A Spy Corvette. A weaponless short sensor range cloaker. The best friend of every Vaygr Artillery unit commander.

Hiigarans can’t see this thread. It’s top secret.

(REARM V2) #1606

Not at all the FX I wanted to make, this will be a long and painful road:

(doci7) #1607

It looks awesome. You should hold onto that! Unless it looks a lot sillier in action than it does as a still image.

(REARM V2) #1608

I’m not working on anti-matter vaporization, it’s an artillery warhead. I’m thinking the DoK style arty FX.
This wasn’t it. :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1609

(doci7) #1610

Not to totally miss the point, but what’s the scoop on that badge?

(REARM V2) #1611

The badge has a scoop?

(doci7) #1612

Well, I mean, what is the story? What is it representative of???