[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(REARM V2) #1633

I literally ‘just’ finished the SPEC and REFL for the wings. But I still want to make a specular revision for the guns. Then the model is finished.

But the ship itself will be finished and closed once it has a ship icon. I always close with the icon.

(REARM V2) #1634

I thinking which way I’ll make the icon:

Instantly recognizable, which is excellent for gameplay, but possibly OCD inducing within the build list:

The safe option:

I’m inclining to the first one.

(REARM V2) #1635

Also celebratory in-game screenshots spam:

(doci7) #1636

A like button just falls so short in these circumstances.

In a way I’d actually suggest the safe option if you haven’t already made the button since. Let the S-foils be a pleasant surprise to the player :wink:

Speaking of S-foils, I dig that shot of all the Defenders tilted on end. Hooray for Vaygr B-Wings!

(REARM V2) #1637

I was thinking the same exact thing looking at the last pic. My Defender is very …B-Wingy.

My plan is to make the S-foils icon and remake it if there’ll be complaints. More important is the informational clarity, but I can really see how this can be way too much.
Anyway, I didn’t really start yet.

(jelrak) #1638

It is beautiful…truly a work of art!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1639

I love that last one where they are going “sideways”. What attack style do they use?

(REARM V2) #1640

They use existing “Frontal_defender”. Which as far as I can tell is a lot similar to the classic “Move to target and shoot”. They’re quite static, just like the HW1 Defenders.

(Hell_Diguner) #1641

Tough choice between the two icons. I’ll recommend the safe, code-green option, since it’s safe, is still distinguishable from the other fighters, and leaves a pleasant surprise for the end-user.

I wouldn’t chafe if you went with the other one, though. Its profile is far more recognizable.

(REARM V2) #1642

Continued photospam:

Also I’m going with the safe option icon in the end, team prefers it too.

(El Rizzo) #1643

Looks quite sexy :slight_smile: the Dof also works really well for this, I usually have it turned off, but for screenshots it’s really nice.

(REARM V2) #1644

Yeah you can’t really play with DOF, or at least I can’t.
The DOF in the game is a bit over the top. 50% of the blur value it currently has would be better I think. Nevertheless I’m glad it’s in precisely for screenshots.

(El Rizzo) #1645

I turn Dof off in pretty much every game I play except for screenarching because it just feels wrong to me, on still images on the other hand it is quite nice, as your screens show :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1646

I must show you something! @DarthSoban legofied the Defender, I’m speechless:

(El Rizzo) #1647

Holy crap, that is awesome ! :heart_eyes:

(Snake_B5) #1648

It was fast ! ^^

(REARM V2) #1649

It really was.

Icon’s done, moving away from this ship for good:

(doci7) #1650

It’s finished and it’s been canonized in true Lego fashion! Hooray for compound GREAT news!

(El Rizzo) #1651

If I didn’t know that you made this I would totally assume that this was a canon Vaygr unit from its style and the visual quality of this ship, huge kudos ! :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1652

So it’s alright being slow if I make this you say.