[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(Herbyguitar) #1673

Never mind…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1674

Is that why people have that cake next to their name (if so, happy anniversary)? I assumed it was some political statement that I missed the memo on…

(REARM V2) #1675

Oh yeah, it was two years yesterday for me. And Kragle has his anniversary today.

Also don’t forget that the March 16th is the “Homeworld turn stuff upside down day”! :smiley:

Make sure that in two weeks you’ll have something you can post upside down to celebrate the upside down day!

[EVENT] Upside Down Day!
[SOLVED] Resource collector salvage joint
(Herbyguitar) #1676

I hate the self righting routine. There’s no up in space. Different perspectives is a good thing :slight_smile:

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1677

Well the Hiigarans probably have some agreed up and down in space.

(doci7) #1678

Heavens no! Unless you consider “Let them eat cake” a political statement, which is the only kind of political statement I’d be in any mood to make.

How many years in a row is it going to take for me to remember that my anniversary day is the next one after yours, Pouk? It takes me by surprise every time!

An agreed-upon up and down according to Hiigarans would not have much pull in the galaxy. That would be like if a bunch of ancient dragons decided to behave by the standards of a young iguana. Maybe in a post-HW2 galaxy they could enforce up and down at key-ship-point, but until then, they would’ve had to have been flying by someone else’s standards.

Also, keep reminding us about upside down day! I deeply distrust my ability to remember.

(REARM V2) #1679

Up is where the crew have their heads, down is where they have their butts. It’s the vector of the artificial gravity.

(echo7) #1680

Do they have artificial gravity in homeworld? I think I missed that part of the lore :slight_frown:

(REARM V2) #1681

Honestly I don’t know if they do…

…But let’s presume that all these windows on capital ships aren’t skylights.

(Siber) #1682

Given the existence of gravwell generators, artificial gravity on ships doesn’t seem like that much of a stretch.

(El Rizzo) #1683

Also, if there is no artificial gravity it would seriously harm their bodies’ ability to function on a planet and since their goal is to reach the homeworld it seems logical to keep everyone used to planetary gravity.

(Herbyguitar) #1684

Not only would they have to have artificial gravity but they would also have to be able to nullify inertia… otherwise everyone would have a fabulous ride in a huge washing machine… sorry, no survivors.

(Siber) #1685

Really, the accelerations and turn rates demonstrated in game seem pretty survivable with just seatbelts. If you gave everything a hard scifi treatment it’d be a different matter, perhaps.

(REARM V2) #1686

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1687

ok, so the sensor station code is ready. The probes are invisible, unattackable and have no tactical icon. The only problem is that when they are not sitting on the 0 “vertical” coordinate, the alignment lines are shown… Not sure how to remove that. The workaround is to always place them at 0 vertical!

EDIT: also, I very much enjoyed that video!

EDIT2:

Ignore that, even when they are on the 0 vertical coordinate, they seem to have little circles at their locations:

Unfortunately, I don’t think they can be removed. Looking at a map like Kharam Wreck, there are tons of vertical lines indicating unselectable, unattackable objects…

(REARM V2) #1688

The lines are not a problem honestly. :slight_smile:
In ideal world they aren’t there, but they don’t bother me. Though I can imagine they might bother some people.

(Snake_B5) #1689

I wonder if it would be possible to create a specific category in the ATI file, without any graphical element visible.

(doci7) #1690

Totally way too darn cool!!! Love the use of Hethlim as the backdrop :wink:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1691

[quote=“Dwarfinator, post:1689, topic:127672”]I
wonder if it would be possible to create a specific category in the ATI file, without any graphical element visible.
[/quote]

I have no idea what that means, but it sounds good!

(Snake_B5) #1692

^^

The ATI system is what defines the visual element attached to an object ingame (lile the health bar for example). It’s also possible to modifiy or create new ones if I remember correctly, so you could perhaps have a special one for your probes, with no graphical elements attached to it.