[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(REARM V2) #1693

Pretty much the only way of instantly burying my video that I don’t mind -receiving stuff I wanted. :smiley:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1694

Yeah sorry about that. I was just quite pleased to have finished it. I made quite a lot of progress on the last few days due to a badly sprained ankle - the million dollar wound!

(REARM V2) #1695

Now I must say this turned out really cool:

@Dom2 Thanks, great job with the execution of the system, great idea of how to achieve it.

Now the ultimate question, but really a bonus one: Is it possible to make these stations to be able to turn, to transform them into giant search lights basically, but only if the player owns the Hub in the middle of the map? (Currently represented by the Prison Station). Otherwise keep them stationary.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1696

As discussed on steam just now, I think this is very much possible. The hgn_mothership cannot be moved in HW2 m01 - its movement is restricted (and later enabled) by scripting. As for rotation without translation, that can be done as follows in the ship file:

NewShipType.thrusterMaxSpeed=0
NewShipType.mainEngineMaxSpeed=0
NewShipType.rotationMaxSpeed=8

Sorry for the terrible gif:

(Siber) #1697

My only complaint with the video is that I think it’s a bit too fast moving for the music and the beautiful ships on display. Great stuff.

(REARM V2) #1698

Yeah the music was something I wasn’t sure about, the main motivation was really just “Homeworld atmosphere” combined with a sharp change in the middle, which this particular track fulfilled.

(jelrak) #1699

Wow this is truly breathtaking…I could watch this video on repeat :relaxed:

(Herbyguitar) #1700

OK. I’m stupid. Where’s the video link?

(REARM V2) #1701

(Siber) #1702

That quoted link doesn’t seem to have worked, so I’ll relink it too and hopefully that’ll be helpful:

That aside, I showed the video to Talhydras/Avatar, Fulcrum’s cofounder and main concept artist, and he wanted me to relay his overwhelming praise for your work, in particular the defender. As is our style he’d prefer it have bigger guns, but I personally think it suits your goals of expanding HW2 better this way, as the current size fits the stock style. Either way he consideres it the best HW2 vaygr style ship he’s seen produced by the community. I disagree there, but that’s just because I’m partial to your cruiser for that honor.

(Herbyguitar) #1703

Thanks Siber

Pouk. Great vid. I think the anim on the defender needs to be a tad slower. Seems like it springs open and closed a little too fast…

(REARM V2) #1704

Thank you. But then again, it’s not that there are too many Vaygr ships in existence in the first place. :slight_smile:

I think you’re right. It was from the gameplay reasons, but a half a second to second longer won’t majorly hurt its DPS.

EDIT: I slowed it down 150%, it does look better.

(REARM V2) #1705

Tomorrow’s the Upside down day, so I’ll tease you with a station that when turned upside down looks completely different:

You know it’s upside down, because the orange stripes are in the lower half and the nav lights are flashing upwards instead of downwards. It makes all the difference.

(doci7) #1706

You have no use at all for subtlety, do you? :smile:

(REARM V2) #1707

Subtlety is for boring people! :smiley:

(Herbyguitar) #1708

Wow! I hardly recognized the station…

(Snake_B5) #1709

It’s incredibubble !

(REARM V2) #1710

I’m just posting to say I’m not dead yet. I was job hunting for a while, that’s the reason for my long pause.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1711

Is that a picture of you hunting for a job?

(REARM V2) #1712

Yes I said they either give me the job or that I have 4 Destroyers locked onto their company’s coordinates waiting for my order to commence an orbital strike.