[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(doci7) #1713

Now if only there was some job worth getting for me to try that line on.

(Herbyguitar) #1714

@Pouk …so did you find something?

(REARM V2) #1715

Yes I did, I’ll be able to call myself a game dev again.

What is a job worth getting to you?

(Snake_B5) #1716

Yeah baby, yeah !

Congrats ! :grinning:

(REARM V2) #1717

Thanks. :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1718

-A side note, somehow badges with this particular model defy any logic. UV channels are right, but applied badge material never shows. …Unless that is if I apply it to the whole ship (not a polygon less). I don’t get it. I’m dealing with it later:

(doci7) #1719

Your guess is as good as mine. But hey, sounds like you got one that you can excel at and enjoy!

About that Destroyer… do you get to copy-pasta any of the texture from the shared elements of the original? Like, the engine, the bridge, the antenna fork… they all seem identical geometrically. So I wonder if you use the stock textures for those elements.

(REARM V2) #1720

The engine itself (the orange engine shader part) is a direct copy with textures.
The engine block mesh is a copy too, but has a different side line and starts to diverge more an more as you continue to the front section. The UVs of that part are completely new.

(ajlsunrise) #1721

I wonder if you have UV1 data in the ship mesh? Or maybe accidentally set the ship mesh shader to something other than ship? I know you don’t really use it, but what does it look like in DAEnerys?

(REARM V2) #1722

The ship is mapped both for the texture (first pic) and the badge in the 2nd channel (second pic). Shader is ship, badge shader is badge. I’ll look into DAEnerys when I’ll install it.

(REARM V2) #1723

Fixed it:

And yes, I was the idiot, not the game.

(doci7) #1724

Whoa-ha, that’s looking pretty grand already too!

(REARM V2) #1725

So far just slowly adding normal maps.

(ajlsunrise) #1726

That’s great news! May I ask what the issue was?

(REARM V2) #1727

Both materials were called the same. While one had a _SHD[ship] and the other a _SHD[badge], they were both MAT[Vgr_ArtilleryDestroyer]. That explains a lot.

(ajlsunrise) #1728

It does. Hopefully others can learn from your experience. :slight_smile:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1729

You do big ships so well! I wish my frigates looked that good with just panelling and team/stripe…

(REARM V2) #1730

Why aren’t you satisfied with your Frigates? From what I can tell now that I just checked, you lack all but the basic normal map details, but once you’ll add them they’ll look great.

One thing that destroyer has is an AO pass in its diffuse. AO generated by NDO from it’s normal map. It’s a placeholder solution, but it gives it some detail to look at for now:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1731

Yeah, I think I need to just get on and do it…once I’ve coded this mission, and finished the corvette, and worked my way through the bug list…etc…!

(REARM V2) #1732

Slowly slowly.