[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

Boy, I do love checking here every now and then. The progress is always exciting!

A question though, are you doing the models first then weapons and effects, or is this a ship by ship basis?

(REARM V2) #1734
  • First is a raw gray basemesh for weapon balance testing. There you figure out whether you need more turrets for self defense, whether the ship fits right into the ecosystem and so on.

• Then the detailed mesh and textures.

• Then the weapon FX, new missile models and things like that.

(REARM V2) #1735

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1736

Love it! Especially the red/white check bit.

(REARM V2) #1737

Also this is me learning modelling in Maya:

(REARM V2) #1738

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1739

Welcome back! Good to see you are on form!

(REARM V2) #1740

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Yes, once again I’m not dead yet.

(doci7) #1741

I noticed you playing HWRM yesterday… I’m glad to see it was related to fragrant, tasty prettiness! I’m anxious to see the missile bay! The big green light on the ventral side makes me curious about the illuminated inlet.

(REARM V2) #1742

This is how it looks so far:

The green light will be similar to the one on the normal Destroyer.

(doci7) #1743

Ah, it’s not a ‘mini-hangar’ like I thought, but looks very good, and tactically more insulated than with Missile Frigates. This ship is pretty far along in its apparent development!!!

Can you change the colors too? How? Can I have more than one color?

(REARM V2) #1745

In a picture? Yes.

No, in the HOD.

(REARM V2) #1747

You’d probably have to have two separate hods. But that’s a guess.

Can I still edit these HODs in CFHODED?

(REARM V2) #1749

It’s been years since I edited something in CfHodEd, someone else should answer this.

(Sastrei) #1750

If it’s a SIMP mesh (which most of the UI meshes are, IIRC), yes you should be able to export the obj and/or import a new one. It should be the same as the Tactical Icon tutorial.

(REARM V2) #1751

Do SIMP meshes use bitmap textures? Can I color part of it in one color, and another part in another color?