[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1753

What are we looking at?

(REARM V2) #1754

@Fil_zp made a Capture the Dreadnaught map, so I’m filling it with quick to make map pieces.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1755

It looks great! Are you trying the new techniques for splitting up large objects?

(Sastrei) #1756

I don’t think SIMP meshes use textures, they have to have their color set elsewhere and the engine renders them that color.

I will just use a regular ship HOD if that is the case.

(REARM V2) #1758

These are very standard sized and were always meant to be seen as four pieces rather than one ring. Because of that they work great from the beginning, the Dreadnaught can fly around, or pass through the gate structure.

(REARM V2) #1759

Nothing special at all, couple hours / half a day of work, but that is the point:

Working for a game dev company finally taught me to appropriately evaluate the time budget I should spend on objects of lesser importance.

(Goose3) #1760

Hey congrats on that… I’m sure you will serve them well.

(REARM V2) #1761

Yes, together we’ll rule the galaxy.

(REARM V2) #1762

Yesterday’s progress on the lower piece:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1763

That looks too good to be mere scenery!

(REARM V2) #1764

I can’t turn it into a spaceship. :slight_smile:

I would miss a scenery piece.
Plus as a ship it would be a Halo one.

(REARM V2) #1765

So anyone wants to join this project? I need to outsource some work to get this thing done.

Examples of things I could use a help with:

• Hit and Run tutorial mission

• menu button and menu screen of an in-game manual

• Progenitor ship graveyard models

• a script for random reinforcements

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1766

I could help with the tutorial mission. I’m planning 16 missions for the taiidan republic mod. Currently I’m averaging 1 mission per year. So I should be available in 2032.

Seriously though, I can probably help out with a simple mission.

(Snake_B5) #1767

I could help for this part I suppose (if you’re not in a hurry)

(REARM V2) #1768

I take that! Expect an email from me in 2032.

I can very slowly start preparing stuff for it, like map or a technical script (if that’s how a document with a list of events and results is called).

BTW I promised you a Sensor Station, right? It’s not finished yet, but I’ll send you the final model when it is.

Awesome. :slight_smile: I’m not in a hurry and the tutorial mission will be finished in 2032 anyway.
You’ll be in the credits if you’ll put in the credit section.

Speaking of sections, can it have sections, or does it have to be one single sheet?

Whoever contributes will get an access to the Alpha build.

(Snake_B5) #1769

If you make a quick mock-up of what you would ideally like to have, I can tell you what is possible or not :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1770

Well in a best case scenario this:

(REARM V2) #1771

I know it looks like I’m jumping all over the place, but there’s a system to the madness.

I divided the things I have to do into small bite sized chunks that either can be or almost can be finished in an evening and I made a list of these micro tasks.

And every day I pick one I am in a mood for.

That way I have a clear set plan, I don’t get demotivated by the size of the project alone and I don’t get fed up doing the same thing over and over.

(Snake_B5) #1772

ok, seems totally possible to me :slight_smile: