[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(ajlsunrise) #1773

Should be easy/quick enough. :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1774

I’m pretty sure it can have option for time intervals.
But can it also be made to be selectable from different sized pools? A category of light reinforcements, with its own list of all possible combinations, but mainly strikecraft, through medium to heavy reinforcements, where you can be granted Cruisers or Carriers?

(ajlsunrise) #1775

^ lolz.

Yes, all possible. I’ll work on it tonight.

Edit: Is this for SP or MP? If it’s for MP, does anyone have a working randomizer?

(REARM V2) #1776

MP. Damn, I forgot about that issue with randomness in MP.

EDIT: I remember people tried to extrapolate semi-random numbers from stats from the game or from the player’s names, but what was the result?

(Trebic) #1777

There was a topic on randomness in multiplayer Syncing random events in multiplayer?.

Also, from that topic, BitVenom said about using RandomRange and RandomIntMax (Syncing random events in multiplayer?)

(doci7) #1778

This reinforcement stuff sounds to the uneducated doof that is myself like something that could be twisted into being from existing HW@(F) survival mode script. @EatThePath evidently scripted it with meaningful, scaling groupings and at least somewhat flexible time intervals.

(REARM V2) #1779

So is the best I can hope for a system of preset reinforcements? No randomness?

Useless yet interesting picture:

(doci7) #1780

Well the way I understand the system, a wave is randomly drawn from a list of preset compositions with scalable numbers of each type of ship. So there is some randomness. I’m sure you could create an extremely convincing faux-randomness of the reinforcement composition by just coming up with as many different combinations of ships as you can think of and putting each of those in the list.

(REARM V2) #1781

Not that it’s all that important, but normals for this tiny thing are done:

(REARM V2) #1782

In an SP scenario, correct?

(doci7) #1783

Well, it’s in skirmish mode so it’s technically MP, though I don’t believe it was ever calibrated such that more than one person could partake in survival mode at a time.

(REARM V2) #1784

Let’s get this out quickly. No reason to give it more time than it needs.

(doci7) #1785

As you say these things as if to apologize for poor quality, still I am only seeing things which look terrific and authentic. Though I understand why you must say them because you can see the difference and you know the corners you are cutting. It’s enough you know that it isn’t very easy at all for the rest of us to see.

(REARM V2) #1786

I am cutting some corners, but overall it’s more about speed over perfection and about general efficiency. This isn’t a model I care for, it will be literally built by 5 people in the mod’s lifetime, so I’m in the “let’s get it done, damn it” mindset.

(REARM V2) #1787

Wait did I finish the Normals only 22 hours ago? And I have half of the ship completely textured and a ship icon finished? I won’t lie, with me being the slowest man I know, this is weird, what kind of black magic is happening here? I myself am not used to this and it confuses me.

…then when I’ll get back to the Artillery Desteroyer I won’t be able to finish it under a month.

(doci7) #1788

Well, enjoy it! We should all get to experience such magic :smile:

Those are some nice models. Do you have a gallery or sketchfab account?

(REARM V2) #1790

I don’t have a sketchfab account and the most complete gallery is the OP of this thread. But I can give you steam access.

Do you have a demo level to showcase all the ships?

(REARM V2) #1792

No. This time around I purposely avoided it, because in the Classic version I had the ship gallery starting fleet you could start and play with, which turned out to dramatically cheapen the whole experience.