[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(REARM V2) #1793

This object of highly questionable usefulness is finished and I don’t want to see it ever again. :slight_smile:

I wonder which five or four people will build it one day.

(REARM V2) #1794

Scratch that, far better pictures:

Now I don’t ever want to see it. :slight_smile:

(doci7) #1795

Well, we’re glad to see it! I’ll be happy to build it too!

(Hell_Diguner) #1796

I remember seeing the color of most SIMP meshes was set in various ATI files. The meshes don’t have diffuse textures. Whenever Relic wanted multi-color stuff, they made separate meshes for each color. The upside is it would be easy to change the color scheme of the ATI portion of the game’s UI. It should also be fairly easy to replace the existing meshes - like if you wanted to change the font of the numbers along the outside of the sensor disk, you’d just create letter meshes with the different font and change a few lines in the appropriate file (or can you overwrite default meshes?)

(Hell_Diguner) #1797

Pouk mentioned a certain something over on the private forums which prompted me to explain a part of HW1’s ship ecosystem that is very different from HW2. He’s the HW2 fan, you see, while I’m the HW1 fan. Perhaps you all would be interested in the write-up:

(REARM V2) #1798

Just a curious case of pathfinding:

(El Rizzo) #1799

Still better than Command&Conquer resource collector pathfinding :wink:

(REARM V2) #1800

Nice camera angle on the thing:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1801

“The thing” being the Dreadnought capture map scenery?

(REARM V2) #1802

Yes, the thing being that thing. :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1803

So way bigger objects will require noticeably more detailed normal maps …who knew.
I have no idea why am I so surprised by the fact that my normal maps is not even half done yet.

FYI, for anyone reading this, the files are in “data\ui\sensorsmanager”. The degrees numbers are bitmap images and need to be recolored in Photoshop.

(REARM V2) #1805

So a really really quick model you say? You are a moron, past me, aren’t you…

(doci7) #1806

Regardless of time needed vs. time you hoped you’d need, it’s beautiful!

(REARM V2) #1807

Let’s get back to it.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1808

YEAH! About time :wink:

(doci7) #1809

Funny how a little sentence can brighten one’s day!

(REARM V2) #1810

Damn, I’m rusty. I keep breaking things because I’m forgetting some of these basics of the modding process.

(REARM V2) #1812

My best breaking of the game to this day:
-accidentally removing the Homeworld.big.
:smiley: :smiley:

(Siber) #1813

I think that one takes the grand prize. Though sometimes I dream of getting Fulcrum to a place where you can do that and it still runs.