[MOD] REARM V2 WIP thread

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1814

How did it happen?

(REARM V2) #1815

So I needed to add these specific unitcaps for Defenders and Stealth Fighters and other things, since all of the other Vaygr Fighters have their own categories.
But I’ve noticed my Vaygr unitcaps override file has different values than what I saw in the game. So I needed to get them from a more recent source than my extracted Data folder I use.

So I unpacked the Homeworld.big to find it there. And I did.

But apparently, I must have hit Ctrl+X instead if Ctrl+C when copying it to the unfbig folder.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1816

Sooo, whats in the works?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1817

Defenders zooming…

(REARM V2) #1818

Nice picture. :slight_smile:

Currently I’m reentering with something small, which is the Vaygr Spy Corvette:

Then I’ll get back to the Artillery Destroyer.

(Herbyguitar) #1819

I’m thinking defenders should be bulky and slow to accelerate but quick to turn and target. Lots of power to thrusters but not so much to mains. This concept seems anti productive…
I like the spy corvette. Very nice :smiley:

(REARM V2) #1820

Defenders in REARM V2 are in fact slower than Frigates.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1821

Yeah, I think zooming was the wrong choice of word…

(REARM V2) #1822

Compared to the Mothership they do. :slight_smile:

(Herbyguitar) #1823

OH! Sorry Pouk. I forgot about your defender spread stance. Ignore my comment. I was being ignorant.

(REARM V2) #1824

The Defender is just doing its job here, fooling you until it’s too late when it spreads like a cobra. :slight_smile:

(REARM V2) #1825

Anyone knows where could I dig for the list of restricted build options like I believe this is: “dm_strikecraftgamemode_build_restrict”?

It’s mentioned here:
Player_RestrictBuildOption(playerIndex, PlayerRace_GetString(playerIndex, “dm_strikecraftgamemode_build_restrict”, “”))
But as a string, not as a file path. And I can’t find where it is, I looked for a mention of that everywhere I could think of.

(ajlsunrise) #1826

Sounds like a rule or property in one of the race scripts.

In which file has this line of code?

(REARM V2) #1827

Hey. It’s in:
leveldata\multiplayer\lib\strikecraftgamemode.lua

Same goes for nocruisers and other rule specific restrictions.

(ajlsunrise) #1828

Nailed it!

scripts\races\hiigaran\extras\props\fleetlimits.lua:

String_Properties = {
    dm_fightersonly_build_restrict = "Hgn_MS_Production_Corvette,Hgn_C_Production_Corvette,Hgn_MS_Production_Frigate,Hgn_C_Production_Frigate,Hgn_MS_Production_CapShip,Hgn_SY_Production_CapShip",
    dm_fightersonly_research_restrict = "",
    dm_fightersandvettesonly_build_restrict = "Hgn_MS_Production_Frigate,Hgn_C_Production_Frigate,Hgn_MS_Production_CapShip,Hgn_SY_Production_CapShip",
    dm_fightersandvettesonly_research_restrict = "",
    dm_vettesonly_build_restrict = "Hgn_MS_Production_Fighter,Hgn_C_Production_Fighter,Hgn_MS_Production_Frigate,Hgn_C_Production_Frigate,Hgn_MS_Production_CapShip,Hgn_SY_Production_CapShip",
    dm_vettesonly_research_restrict = "",
    dm_frigatesonly_build_restrict = "HGN_SCOUT,Hgn_MS_Production_Fighter,Hgn_C_Production_Fighter,Hgn_MS_Production_Corvette,Hgn_C_Production_Corvette,Hgn_MS_Production_CapShip,Hgn_SY_Production_CapShip",
    dm_frigatesonly_research_restrict = "",
    dm_destroyersonly_build_restrict = "HGN_SCOUT,Hgn_MS_Production_Fighter,Hgn_C_Production_Fighter,Hgn_MS_Production_Corvette,Hgn_C_Production_Corvette,Hgn_MS_Production_Frigate,Hgn_C_Production_Frigate,Hgn_Carrier",
    dm_destroyersonly_research_restrict = "",
    dm_disablebuilding_build_restrict = "HGN_SCOUT,Hgn_MS_Production_Fighter,Hgn_C_Production_Fighter,Hgn_MS_Production_Corvette,Hgn_C_Production_Corvette,Hgn_MS_Production_Frigate,Hgn_C_Production_Frigate,Hgn_MS_Production_CapShip,Hgn_SY_Production_CapShip,Hgn_C_Module_Hyperspace,Hgn_MS_Module_Hyperspace",
    dm_disablebuilding__research_restrict = "", 
    dm_strikecraftgamemode_build_restrict = "Hgn_Torpedofrigate,Hgn_Ioncannonfrigate,Hgn_AssaultFrigate,Hgn_Destroyer,Hgn_Battlecruiser",
    dm_strikecraftgamemode_research_restrict = "DestroyerTech,BattlecruiserIonWeapons,ImprovedTorpedo,TorpedoFrigateMAXSPEEDUpgrade1,TorpedoFrigateHealthUpgrade1,IonCannonFrigateHealthUpgrade1,IonCannonFrigateMAXSPEEDUpgrade1,AssaultFrigateHealthUpgrade1,AssaultFrigateMAXSPEEDUpgrade1,BattlecruiserHealthUpgrade1,BattlecruiserMAXSPEEDUpgrade1,CarrierHealthUpgrade1,MothershipHealthUpgrade1,ShipyardHealthUpgrade1",
    dm_strikecraftgamemode_grant = "SGMCapitalHealth,SGMCarrierHealth,SGMFrigateHealth,SGMShipyardHealth",
}

(REARM V2) #1829

You are a master! Thank you! I couldn’t find it at all.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1830

I just use the notepad++ find in files feature when I’m looking for something like that.

(REARM V2) #1831

Oh yeah, I forgot that, it’s been years since I last used it.

(ajlsunrise) #1832

That too, but I’m pretty shocked that my initial guess was correct. Especially since I haven’t even done any Homeworld moddimg for a while, and I haven’t even touched the race properties files…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1833

Poke @Pouk