[MOD] Resurgence v0.1 Released

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #441

Yes, and can you remind us which one is which?

(HWRM Resurgence) #442

Fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Leviathans Wrath) #443

Love the ships

1 Like
(Leviathans Wrath) #444

found a double build bug some time ago
been trying to post a video link phone won’t let me paste the actual thing

(HWRM Resurgence) #445

This weekend i have been learning hard how to use blender 2.8 eevee render engine for background stuff.

I got inspiration to do this because of this video mostly.

They look good on that video but how to implement those nebulas to game is another thing and that took some time to figure out. After like 30+ different renders and fails i got something done.

There are many things to consider when using eevee. Cubemap rendering also causes it’s own issues like black borders and shadow/color issues. Plus eevee wont support equirectangular rendering. But luckily there are some neat websites which can do that pretty well. Like https://www.360toolkit.co/ Could have done it also in blender too but that website saved me from that trouble.

But because it’s procedurally generated in blender and it’s eevee i wanted to try it even if it would take whole weekend to get one good result.

Shot from blender 2.8

There are still smaller issues which are hwrm lighting related. And personally i think this background needs more nebula.

2 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #446

Nice! Good to see some new backgrounds. I think understated is good with backgrounds, so I wouldn’t say you need more nebulae…

1 Like
(HWRM Resurgence) #447

Hardest part is to try mimic style of homeworld to some degree :slight_smile:

(Leviathans Wrath) #448

Drools over maps and phone

(HWRM Resurgence) #449

This is probably better way to present nebulas and backgrounds https://kuula.co/post/7Yyl2

It is pretty lowres 1024x512 but thats because i think you can download em. Original is 8192x4096.

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #450

Nice! It’s pretty wobbly on my phone… The nebula looks great though.

1 Like
(HWRM Resurgence) #451

Eye candy

8 Likes
(HWRM Resurgence) #452

Some testing with big dusty asteroid backgrounds.

9 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #453

Oh yes! I like that alot. Nicely done.

1 Like
(Goose3) #454

That looks amazing… Fantastic job.

1 Like
(GOLIATH Mod) #455

looks cool!!

1 Like
(HWRM Resurgence) #456

First release!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1748065272

Would have released sooner but problems with some rules scripts caused some problems. After tinkering a bit i just decided to release it without any custom made things except models, backgrounds.

5 Likes
(ajlsunrise) #457

!!! Hot dog !!!

(i.e. very exciting!)

1 Like
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #458

Finally!!! Can’t wait to see it for myself!

1 Like
(DoomLord) #459

WEw major hype, will download it now and prepare for the awesomeness

1 Like
(HWRM Resurgence) #460

Thanks!

From now on patches for this mod are going to be smaller monthly things.

I am going to focus on bringing more new models into mod next. Replacing destroyer and battlecruiser are probably next because they cause me bit of trouble.

Also i know there are couple bugs related to attack styles where ships get stuck into naval station. Going to fix em soonish.

After fixing those attack style things. I am taking summer/fall break from modding to focus on different things. So next patch is probably going to be mid Q4

I be probably lurking here pretty often.

2 Likes