[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(HWRM Resurgence) #1

This is official Resurgence mod discussion thread.
If you want latest updates of things please view last 10-20 post in this thread.

I be posting updates of my progress here.

Torpedo bomber update.
uv's done.

Btw. I prefer easily understandable uvmaps, so there is loads of non used texture space,
i might optimize this still tho.

Now i have to get most out of quixel suite before my trial runs out.

(REARM V2) #2

Why is it not a mod? If I understand correctly, you're not planning to put it in game? Why not?

Quixel suite is really cool.

(HWRM Resurgence) #3

I do plan to put it in game, and it could be a mini mod. But not really sure do i have time for bigger things.

I am planning to buy quixel especially that normal thingy, NDO.
Actually i do have time :smiley: but i wanna learn to do something else too like humans, sculpting and list goes on.

(REARM V2) #4

As far as I know you'd be the second person here who would buy nDo. Or maybe Talros has it as well? (@Talros, do you have nDo? @Kragle? )

I have a feeling you still study, don't you? From the whole having time to learn character modelling/sculpting.

(HWRM Resurgence) #5

If studying without actually being in school counts then yes. Self-learning i would say.

I only use xNormal for baking options :slightly_smiling:

(REARM V2) #7

Do you bake from High-poly models or height maps? (The latter is kind of rubbish and useless.)

Both, highpoly for the model edges and height map (Bump) for the details in combination.

(REARM V2) #9

Oh alright, I can imagine in combination it wouldn't have the hideous problems the height/bump map would have alone.

Still nDo is ridiculously easy. You just turn selections and shapes, even brushes into normal map "ups" or "downs" with edge thickness of your choice.

But then again, if you'd be even faster, it wouldn't be even close to a fair race. :slightly_smiling:

(HWRM Resurgence) #10

First time trying ndo, pretty much just playing around and looking what this thing can do :smiley:

(REARM V2) #11

Is it render or a wiewport shader? It looks really good.

(HWRM Resurgence) #12

It's from 3DO viewport, btw do you have any tips while using this software?

(REARM V2) #13

Sorry, I'm only "NDOing" so far.
I didn't use my 30 days trial for the rest yet, I'm saving that for when I'll really need it. Which is likely to be relatively soon, it'll get really handy with another thing I'm working on that won't use Homeworld style textures.

(HWRM Resurgence) #14

I think it's free :smiley: because i only had to activate my trial for NDO. It even says so at Quixel website.

(REARM V2) #15

Wait, yes. I somehow mixed DDO with 3DO... I was replying about the texturing tool. 3DO is the preview thing.
I really do have to try it. Visualizing normal maps in Max is something I have a problem with.

(HWRM Resurgence) #16

Heh. Pretty much same thing is bothering me with blender 3d, i just hate to save file, then open that new file in blender 3d. In Photoshop i just select layers which i wanna see, and force refresh 3DO which can be found at NDO control panel. No need for switching programs and loading files.

EDIT: corrections

(doci7) #17

+1 for Talros' answer; I use xNormal too, at the recommendation of EatThePath I think I remember.

(REARM V2) #18

EatThePath might have it from BitVenom.
I think you might be interested in giving the nDo its 30 days trial at least. It's childishly simple.

(doci7) #19

I might... although at this point xNormal begins to feel quite simple too, at least for what I do with it. Maybe not childishly simple, but perhaps still pre-teen-ly simple.

(REARM V2) #20

Pre-teen-ly simple is alright.