[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(doci7) #410

Totally awesome!

(DoomLord) #411

This work is epic!

Keep up this awesome work

(HWRM Resurgence) #412

Progress report.

For past few months i been struggling with animations for station(which even now wont work properly). I wont probably include any animations for hiigaran station at first release.

Also hodorest decided to break up with me which caused severe headache but i got it working somehow.

After i decided to give up(for now) on animations with station. I wanted to try make bit more higher polycount assets for turrets and subsystems. Using multiple LOD meshes i think they are going to be fine.

So as usually here are some images.

Hiigaran PDS Turret

Hiigaran Large Dual Mass Driver Turret

Hiigaran XL Dual Ion Cannon Turret

From left to right. Frigate, Corvette, Fighter production subsystems, Long Range Antenna Array and Hyperspace Sensor.

I probably make all vanilla subsystems look similar to these.

And now i am already thinking about doing every vanilla thing to these standards(Total Conversion??) it would give me more control because of source files. That could be my long term goal, but we shall see.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #413

Wow, I love those subsystems. @Talros take a look at this!

@unifin let me know if you need a hand with animations. I have wrestled with a few issues in the past…

(REARM V2) #414

The same offer, what problem with the animations do you have?

(HWRM Resurgence) #415

My problem with animations is this basically.

@Dom2 got it working it seems.

Anyways problem is my animations rotate around wrong axis, when exported from blender. In blender they are fine though.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #416

Ah yes, the swimming scout… What I ended up doing there was making a “dummy frame” with it in the default position for dae export, and other frames with the actual animation in them.

Dummy frame for dae export (everything is in the right position and orientation for when not being animated):

Animation frames (things look “wrong”, but they actually turn out right after dae export and HODOR):

I never got to the source of this, but it has happened on my other ship models too. @sastrei did I forget to apply a transform or something?

(Sastrei) #417

Your z axis in blender should be facing forward. Rotate the joint first, and then animate from there.

(REARM V2) #418

Looks just like a Y-up problem.
Does your export in Blender offer a Y-up On/Off toggle? If so try whatever is the opposite of what you’re exporting.
Basically what happens is that different 3D programms use different Up axis. In some worlds the up is Y, in others it is Z.

(HWRM Resurgence) #419

Gonna take a look again into animations next weekend.

I did try those things which you mentioned but i probably missed something.

(HWRM Resurgence) #420

I blame summer and my allergic reactions to birch pollen for lack of update stuff. Worst allergic reactions are gone i think.

(HWRM Resurgence) #421

Little Update

Removed all vanilla maps from mod.

First alpha is going to have 2 maps with unique backgrounds.

Adjusted attack styles and made more of them.

AI now knows how to use station like mothership.

Supercapital production tab.

Experimenting with menu background stuff and loading screens.

More background stuff pratice.

And a turret which is going to replace frigate turrets.

(REARM V2) #422

New icon planned for that supercap tab? The BC arrow?

(Sastrei) #423

That is a lovely background.

(HWRM Resurgence) #424

yeah probably.

(HWRM Resurgence) #425

Some subsystems.

From left to right.
hs sub, research sub. adv research sub, firecontrol sub, hs inhibitor sub, platform control sub, extended sensors, hs sensors and anti cloaking sensors.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #426

Nice. I love the hyperspace inhibitor one!

(HWRM Resurgence) #427

More background testing.

This time i been using blender to render volumetric scenes with 360 panorama camera.

I tried to achieve something like balcora background.

There are also couple reworked subsystems in-game. But i show em all when they are all ready.

(HWRM Resurgence) #428

I know it’s been long since last update.

Main reasons for silence are basically time and thirst for new stuff.

I have done 6 subsystems so far.

Hiigaran Bomber redesign.
This was a quick little experiment with blender 2.8 and substance painter.

(Chimas) #429

Hi Unifin,
Do you have your MOD available for “internal” download in Steam?
The modders here SOMETIMES give access to others modders, so we can see it in-game.

Not because we might be curious with each other works, but because it takes a long time to wait for a RC (release candidate) and then, when “all the work” is done, it’s difficult to make constructive criticism. Out of the game, the ship is going well, but in-game, it can get different perspectives.

Just clarifying, before you give access, you need to know that I’m currently NOT working in any mod. The suggestion is based on previous experience.

The ship is interesting because it fits your previous work and probably the goals you have stablished for the mod.