[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(Chimas) #181

Are you planning an even bigger Shipyard to produce that ship?

(REARM V2) #182

Good point there.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #183

Maybe it's telescopic...

(REARM V2) #184

When I thought about Dreadnaughts, I realized you can't really have more than 10% lenght increase for the effect to stay somewhat realistic. This ship is way longer.

(HWRM Resurgence) #185

Yup. Stationary Naval base/Outpost or something.

@Pouk Realistic? Do you mean, giving 10% more size to bigger ship class is max? To stay in HW scale proportions and stuff?

(REARM V2) #186

Reaction to Dom's comment on telescopic ships. A sci-fi artillery cannon can extrude itself 500% and it's fine, but it's incomparably much harder sell with a Battleship.

(HWRM Resurgence) #187

Ahh. Telescoping battleship would be sight to be seen tho :smiley:

(REARM V2) #188

Oh I had some ideas.

(Siber) #189

If you ever get that cloning thing working you should definitely make a HW2 eXtreme mod full of goofy ships like that. I'd play it!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #190

I was joking about telescopy, if thats a word! But if anyone can pull it off, its @Pouk!

(REARM V2) #191

It all just depends on these damn clones.

(HWRM Resurgence) #192

It's been silent at modding section? Whole day! lets fix that!
Some bigger images of things.

Made it little less wider and subsystems are at top now. Added some detail. Removed 2 turrets, from middle section. Bridge. Pulsar placements are red. Nose got reworked. Plus many other things.
2 new wip turrets.

(REARM V2) #193

Do the side turrets have to have long barrels? As in being Ion turrets instead for instance? That would help the whole thing to look slightly less OTT.

(HWRM Resurgence) #194

No. i was thinking same thing after i started rendering this. Something else would be better.

EDIT: actually hw1 stylized turrets would look cool.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #195

How will it attack? If it is frontal, the side turrets will block each other... If it is broadside, the central spine will block the turrets from one side...

I share your disappointment when this happens!

(REARM V2) #196

I wouldn't be too worried about it not utilizing all the guns in a broadside attack. It's simply how it is and it's not the first time such thing ever happened.

That said the indicated DPS number will consequentially be inaccurate in a real engagement.

(HWRM Resurgence) #197

Main big turrets can shoot everywhere(almost). Others not.

(HWRM Resurgence) #198

22k polygons/tris with those turrets. Ship without turrets haves about 5k polys/tris.

Everythign is unoptimized tho.

(BitVenom) #199

You can (SHOULD!!!) make the turrets sub-systems so they can share just a few meshes - and that'll allow them all to draw with instancing, etc. After the patch there are almost no turrets that aren't subs for this reason.

(REARM V2) #200

So my turrets are mapped to the same texture as the rest of the giant ship. A big problem? To use a small piece of a 4K texture for a separate turret subsystem?
The texture would already be on the GPU, so I could imagine maybe it isn't a problem?