[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(HWRM Resurgence) #261

Last update about Thrust challenge.

These could be final and probably are.
I still have couple days left so there may be some tweaking, mostly with post-processing.

TN = Teziion Navy
Teziion originates from their planet which is called Tez.

3D viewer https://skfb.ly/QDWx

That's all.

(doci7) #262

Absolutely incredible! That ship could authoritatively take the lead role in a serious modern space game.

(HWRM Resurgence) #263

Thanks. Gonna take week off from any 3d related things after this, if possible.

(doci7) #264

I would, lol.... and that week would probably stretch to a good half-year or more if it was me :smile:

(HWRM Resurgence) #265

Brainstorming design

very early concept.
it would be flat like rest of hiigaran things, vaygr would probably have vertical desing.

I wonder if it is going to be too big for engine or not.

Other thing is i want it to have hollow interior where those biggest ships would be built and spawned.

(REARM V2) #266

A station? Half times larger than a Shipyard? What will be its role in the gameplay? Does it hyperspace in, or is it part of the map? If it hyperspaces in, what does it have that Shipyard doesn’t?

Does it build Dreadnaughts? :slight_smile:

(doci7) #267

It might be nice to just have a dedicated Hiigaran station anyway, since the Vaygr already do. Of course those can’t build supercapital ships, so it wouldn’t be a tidy equivalent to that. But still, all Hiigarans have for stationary stuff right now is tiny Chimera type and the Tanis yard, which is destroyed, and was never really a proper base anyway… just a re purposed chunk of junk floating in space.

(HWRM Resurgence) #268

role would be like stationary mothership/shipyard.

tradeoff’s are:

• no moving cabalities. not even hyperspace.
  • could build all ships including moving shipyards. dreads? yes.
  • as it is stationary it could be upgraded with good defensive cabalities.(mostly because you cant escape with this thing)
  • cannot be rebuilded

this is why you would like to build regular shipyards as you can move em. And maybe win even if your station gets destroyed. it would just limit your cabalities to build bigger expensive stuff.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #269

I love it! A player-controlled megalith would be brilliant.

(HWRM Resurgence) #270

My first proper photoshop sketch ever.

Took long, but i learned alot too.
Could have still continued still but decided it’s good enough. After all it’s only concept.

(doci7) #271

Ha, yeah, that seems like PLENTY of work for a concept! Looks really great though!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #272

I love the nods to the chimera station design.

(ajlsunrise) #273

I drew some perspective lines on your image since something was bothering me, but it turned out just to be my eyes playing tricks. Great job on using those though!

(Chimas) #274

The sketch is in 4K, downloading and zooming it shows a lot more details.
Will carriers and battleships dock in that larger bay?

(HWRM Resurgence) #275

For repairs? Or do you mean building those?
No and yes.

(REARM V2) #276

What’s new on the modding front?

(HWRM Resurgence) #277

news? stuff? changes?

I have been silent because of changes happening in my life.

I guess some of you know i am now helping complex mod now with models and textures.

Also i think days of being unemployed are gone for while. As i actually have workplace now(and i dont mean complex mod).

And then there is my learning stuff which i do, to get better at things obviously.

So i actually have less time to do modding but i still try to do my own mod when i have spare time. Or when i feel so.

(REARM V2) #278

I didn’t know you switched to Complex.

(HWRM Resurgence) #279

Switched? nah i am not abandoning my mod or anything like that.

(REARM V2) #280

So does it mean that you work on two separate projects and sets of ships at the same time? Or that your ships will appear in Complex and the ships you’ll make for them will also appear here?