[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(B8factor) #301

Yeah… that is the type of ship that inspires its own single player campaign!

(HWRM Resurgence) #302

Noob steps into ship patching thanks to @sastrei for helping me with blender dae export stuff.
Some pds turrets done and bolted into destroyer.

More stuff probably to show at sunday if i have the time. (lets not make promises ok?)

(ajlsunrise) #303

I so very much want to work with you, lol…

I did very similar in my mod back in Classic.

(REARM V2) #304

Many people did that, it was quite common notion.

(ajlsunrise) #305

I suppose you’re right… :frowning:

(doci7) #306

I didn’t expect these turrets to be little mini micros! Reminds me of how one of the (many) things about HW2 that sort of let me down was that in spite of the increased fidelity, we STILL had ships with point defense ‘turrets’ that were invisible. I mean, even Cataclysm put little turrets where all the new Capital ship point-defense guns went, static though those meshes were. It’d be kind of cool to patch all of the carriers’ and motherships’ guns with these little guys, but obviously that’s not what you have in mind, lol.

I’m continuing to enjoy the elongated muzzle flashes I’ve been seeing of late!

(HWRM Resurgence) #307

New Stuff.

Large Autocannon Turret.(newer version of turret which i posted before)
Replaces vanilla hiigaran destroyer and battlecruiser turrets.

In game. Also pds turrets in battlecruiser.
http://i.imgur.com/MpCXE0m.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bKpVk6S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZGoUjVt.jpg

Medium Autocannon turrets ingame.
http://i.imgur.com/qSc6zhi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U1RgjAA.jpg

Next? dunno. Probably some attack style testing and stuff. Maybe new effects for railgun turret.

(REARM V2) #308

Nice model.

(HWRM Resurgence) #309

This has been laying around for a while.

Gone trough some different designs.
Still i am not sure if i should go with this or wait a week or 2 and take a new look at it.

Hiigaran Cruiser.

(ajlsunrise) #310

Not sure if it’s the style you’re going for, but to me it seems a little more armored than the battlecruiser (not to mention more guns, which actually I don’t mind – as long as the BC gets equivalent weapon upgrades).

Is it going to have an ion cannon (it doesn’t look like it based on the current turret configurations)? Pulsars? Missiles?

Overall though, I like it.

(REARM V2) #311

I no longer argue the authenticity with @unifin, because the way I understand it, he isn’t going for the proper Hiigarans in the first place and their established design rules. Since this mod is set in the future, all my arguments are irrelevant.

So is this authentic Hiigaran? No. It has about 200% amount of guns and 150% geometry complexity. Actual HW2 Hiigarans in comparison are smooth and rather gunless.

But is it a cool ship? Yeah, most definitely. If I saw it out of context, Homeworld wouldn’t be my first guess, but the ship is bloody impressive and this isn’t the HW2 era. The more subtle Homeworld stuff just isn’t Unifin’s thing and pretty much all of us are guilty of making things that are way more exciting than they are authentic (like me a bit literally now). And this is a mod, so let’s play and unleash our imaginations. This is what it’s generally for.

I should mention that I like this take on the Destroyer / Battlecruiser in-between ship when it comes to its overall shape. Flat rear end, thinner front end and seeing both Destroyer and Battlecruiser in the profile, that is done really nicely. It does indeed look way too massive for the ship of its class, but the transition is done very well.

(HWRM Resurgence) #312

I am thinking about making it less wider.

There could be ion cannons. But smaller version’s of what bc haves.
But really i am not sure yet what would be the armament. 6 large guns sounds logical with maybe couple missile tubes.

If cruiser would have bc’s ion cannons it would be overpowered.

Battlecruiser’s ion cannon turret is largest turret in vanilla, and it is much bigger than regular cannons what you find in destroyers. So i decided that it should be XL class turret.

So far there are 5 size classes of turrets.
Small
Medium
Large
XL
Mega?

(HWRM Resurgence) #313

Pretty much words what i would say if someone would say it is not authentic or something like that.

I think eve online is good choice to look at ship designs.
Many different desings inside of one race. But they still have common things.

Also my battleship design is going to get replaced by something different. I want more diversity.

(HWRM Resurgence) #314

Just a little model update.

Made it more narrower. And redesigned some parts.

(REARM V2) #315

Yeah, that is cool. Way better in my opinion.
The only thing I’m not a fan of is the turret above the engine.

(Chimas) #316

Given you’re not in the texture phase, I would test the REAR design of the ship more thinner and taller, to add more personality to the ship, as a midway from the destroyer to the BC.

(REARM V2) #317

Allow me to disagree, a midway shouldn’t be literal. It should feel like midway way more than it should be a geometric average 50% between the two shapes.

(Siber) #318

I like this ship more than either of it’s precursors already.

(ajlsunrise) #319

Both of these sentiments. I really like the narrower front, reminiscent of the narrow front of the destroyer.

(Chimas) #320

Yes, that’s what I was trying to say.