[MOD] Resurgence WIP

Wow, the textures on these ships are simply great!

(HWRM Resurgence) #382

Little update with textures and team colors.

taken straight outta painter

(REARM V2) #383

That ‘is’ a big bastard. Really nice.

(Snake_B5) #384

That’s really sub-par quality.

(Irony ? Where ?)

:heart_eyes:

(Goose3) #385

Really lovely work. Also fantastic work regarding the sides which are referencing nicely towards the Chimera Stations. It may also work as some sort of hull plating kinda cool.

I see multiple subsystem slots on the shipyard. Is there going to be one production subsystem per bay, or one production subsystem per ship class? The former would be an interesting departure from the other HGN builders.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #387

It could be both, fighters from one bay, corvettes from another, frigates from another and really big ships from the big bay…

The shipyard seems big enough to have two capital ship bays stacked on top of each other. Is it possible to build two of the same ship at the same time in HWRM?

(HWRM Resurgence) #389

Big bay is big enough for 4 destroyers or more. i made it enough big so it can build shipyards.

I dont know if that is possible(building 2 same thing at same time) but it made me think about new production class/module for super capitals.

which would mean i need to add capital production module to model

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #390

I think @EatThePath has done concurrent building…

(Siber) #391

Concurrent building is dead easy, so long as the things you want to concurrently build are different ship types and you don’t want to modify the number of things buildable concurrently via research or subsystem or anything of the like.

(El Rizzo) #392

I think it was about building two or more ships of the same class/type concurrently, not what HW1 races can already do.

@unifin

That is one bigass station! :smiley:

(REARM V2) #393

But what station builds that station…

(Snake_B5) #394

Stationception :scream:

(El Rizzo) #395

It is stations all the way down :wink:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #396

I once had an idea that you could have a ship that comes out of the production unit in several sections and assembles itself outside, a bit like the HW1 research station…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #397

Was this an inspiration for you?

(HWRM Resurgence) #398

Never seen that art piece before.

Inspiration mostly came from ingame models like shipyard and tanis station.
Of course there was various concept arts where i took some inspiration.
This one being of them.

And then i added some own ideas into mix.

(HWRM Resurgence) #399

Texture progression.
Still lots to do.

(HWRM Resurgence) #400

Been strugling with texture compression. I am starting to think that hw dont like 4k textures. Even with 8888 compression it is still blurry. 2k texture is looking fine tho.
Couple ingame pics.

Texturing continues…