[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(REARM V2) #101

They pass through ships in certain cases?

(HWRM Resurgence) #102

yeah. i actually got shot of that happening.

I think it can be replicated easily.
EDIT
tested it again and yeah i think it happens only when shooting torpedos from close range. Tryed mothership and this never happened, but bombers also shot torpedoes futher away.

(REARM V2) #103

Might be related to what BitVenom said about the missiles being disabled for a short period of time after the launch from friendly fire safety reasons.

(HWRM Resurgence) #104

Yeah that's probably what is happening.

(Siber) #105

I believe that time period is a tweakable in either the weapon or missile file, but that is only from memory.

(HWRM Resurgence) #106

It's spam time!
New hiigaran interceptor. it was allredy so sleek, had hard time to make it(better?)
2 guns because reasons :slight_smile: other one is from old hw2. Which will be still used as cheaper alternative.
Like in BSG you have raptor mark 1 2 3 45675 etc.

Its little bit wider and longer. But also thinner.

Thoughts?

(doci7) #107

Somehow I feel like I'd like to see more form in the engine department; emulating the way you split your hemispheres with the bomber might fit real good. But it is REALLY slick, and I the underside is just excellent. I also gotta say I admire your tenacity moving so quickly from the bomber to the interceptor! Conventional slow-poke modders like me begin to feel quite left in the dust. But not really in a bad way! I certainly don't mind being buried in cool new ships from around the community.

(REARM V2) #108

I like the fact that authentic Homeworld ships are not going for the primary obvious kind of slick. But I'm a minority and I realize that.

EDIT: You liked this?

(HWRM Resurgence) #109

Registered mod in moddb.
Now this is called Resurgence.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/resurgence
Nothing special there. All you have saw is here and more.
EDIT
oh wait! this! https://skfb.ly/MqEX

(REARM V2) #110

What units/races is your mod going to have?

(HWRM Resurgence) #111

ah yes. Forgot that, vaygr and hiigarans. Need to write that down.

Liked coz i like your attitude.

(REARM V2) #112

Vaygr and Hiigaran, you're a competition, I love it. :slight_smile: I missed developing alongside Mololu and his PtV mod and I thought I'm not going to see a Hiigaran and Vaygr mod again. Nice.

(HWRM Resurgence) #113

Competition is always good.
went back to 2 engine design, because i want that original 2 engine trails.

(doci7) #114

Like the subtle hemisphering in the back... very nice!

(Chimas) #115

Hi Unifin,
2 issues:

1 - What I'd like to see is the HWRM version of your HGN railgun frigate. Awesome ship;

2 - Whenever you have time, have a try putting a cockpit between the guns and see if it fits aesthethically. I have also a redesign of this interceptor, I'm gonna send you. It's some subtle stretches here and there and you can put side by side with the original. You can extract the model here, if I take too long.

(HWRM Resurgence) #116

Ahh yes the railgun frigate. It could be next ship project for me. Model needs bit more geometry and re uvmapping.

I started doing normal map alredy for this interceptor and its almost ready for actual texturing. But i can look into it.

(HWRM Resurgence) #117

http://i.imgur.com/Xo0Eojk.png now try find that one detail which is overlapping with other one.
I know i should not do it this way. But now it's too late.

(REARM V2) #118

Hey, you named windows and engines, that's a start. :slight_smile:
Wait till you have hundreds of layers on a large capital ship.

(HWRM Resurgence) #119

Yeah it's going to be wonderful :smiley:

(HWRM Resurgence) #120

Normals and base materials/textures.