[MOD] Resurgence WIP

(HWRM Resurgence) #141

Yeah that's fine. after all it's timelapse so you may find something intresting or maybe not :smiley:

I should get into doing part 2 but it's so time consuming to edit and render that stuff.

Music. well i like everything which wont play on mainstream radio, so you could even call me hipster lol. But mostly retrowave/synth/breaks.

(REARM V2) #142

Recorded from the start? That's some thinking ahead.

(HWRM Resurgence) #143

Processing.. it takes 90mins to upload it to youtube then another 80mins to process. ZZzzzZZ

(HWRM Resurgence) #144

Spot the difference. Or guess.

(doci7) #145

Fewer and subtler panels, ventral vents look a little more open.

(REARM V2) #146

That is really good.

(Snake_B5) #147

the new, more subtle, paneling is definitely an improvement ! Great job !

Now that I've seen it like this, I wonder if the bomber would not also benefit from a slight adjustment on the paneling ?

Edit :
technical question : is this long to make this kind of changes (the paneling I mean) with the tools you're using (QuickPixel suite I suppose) ?

(HWRM Resurgence) #148

hmm.. i guess you cant really see it before i say about it, Specular map got tweaked again and edges have some reflection.

@Dwarfinator it's not really hard i just have to bake ao/curvature maps again. Then save my old mask layers of team colors etc. and load em up again. But sometimes when you have maybe 15 mask layers it can be bit tedious.

(Snake_B5) #149

Thanks for the explanations ! :slight_smile:
Texturing has always been a great mystery for me (and the reason why all of the few models I made 10 years ago never saw the light of day because of the "grey ship syndrome" ^^)
And furthermore, thanks for all your videos ! The texturing one is really great for noobs like me ^^

(HWRM Resurgence) #150

Baked engine diffuses, off and on. so many hours used for making that sexy engine. hopefully it's worth in future.
Also why did i wasted so much texture space "facepalm". Oh well it's good anyways.

Couple hours and i have this thing ingame \o/

Or so i hoped

(HWRM Resurgence) #151

Doh.. i was too tired to remember how to properly export dae file from blender yesterday, so i did not get it working.

Engine off is way too dark :smiley:

Speculars and reflections are really showing up those normals.Which is good.
Now i need to make some adjustments to bomber.
EDIT
Need to also do glow map for ship itself as it haves little lights.
EDIT EDIT

Probably going to do some little things for change after these, new torpedos and maybe couple turrets for frigates. And some lua changes.

(HWRM Resurgence) #152

something what i have been working on for 2 hours.
A shader for blender cycles which uses HWRM textures. So you can just plug in those maps and get nice results.

This is pretty much for rendering awesome renders.
Where you can change stripe/team colors. have badges in your badge locations. Adjustable engine glow(which actually generates light) and stuff.

Of course you can change pretty much anything if you want, reflection/specular/normal values etc. But i try to get these base values somewhere how it would look ingame.

It's still WIP but i allredy know what to do to get those thing work, so maybe today i upload this somewhere for you all.

(Sastrei) #153

Oh my yes I would definitely use this!

(HWRM Resurgence) #154

Halp!
I think i am missing something here, as i cant build these ships.
alredy tryed different DisplayPriority's in build.lua
is there something else which i need modify to get these buildable. Maybe research.lua?

my path should be fine

As i can get ships into game i dont think it's path problem. Or is it?

Or do i have to change specific gamemode/gamerule related things

(Sastrei) #155

That folder doesn't exist anymore. Check my HWMOD wiki under August modding changes.

(HWRM Resurgence) #156

Got it working :slight_smile:

(HWRM Resurgence) #157

@BitVenom does upcoming patch change attack styles or how they work btw?

(BitVenom) #158

It isn't a joke to suggest it changes virtually everything... really.

(HWRM Resurgence) #159

Oh well... at least i dont have to change much, as i have not done much yet to scripts :smiley: i guess i do models and stuff before patch then :slight_smile: After patch dive into code.

(Drahkas) #160

The timing is strong with this one.