(HWRM Resurgence) #161

Couple lazy turret concept renders.

(doci7) #162

Heck yes @ turret #1!!!

(DoomLord) #163

Lazy???

Wut u talkin bout :smiley:

(HWRM Resurgence) #164

well.. i did these pretty fast, didnt think about much how they should look and they just turned out like these.

(HWRM Resurgence) #165

interceptor now uploaded to sketchfab.
https://skfb.ly/MCUS

(doci7) #166

That looks wonderful, but there is one thing that is confusing me... there seems to be no hole in the guns for the bullets to come out! There's an indent, but no painted-on black circle, lol.

(HWRM Resurgence) #167

ah yeah. diffuse is black. but i think specular/gloss is messing em up. Need to edit, not a big problem tho.

also there was some weird issues with blender. Which caused my interceptor to have 4 materials instead of 2, in obj export.

Gonna post some renders of hiigaran battleship concept tonight...

(HWRM Resurgence) #168

Base shape getting warmed up.

Nose is prolly going to be different coz i want it to be something different from bc.

(Chimas) #169

Do you have any document of how the mod will be worked out? SP mode? Skirmish? Multi-player?

(REARM V2) #170

Now I'm waiting to see how long's that gonna take you.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #171

What happened to that idea :wink:

(HWRM Resurgence) #172

i just wanted to try do some big ship modelling, could not resist :slight_smile:

And i really wanna try this quixel stuff on bigger things.

But but, i dont wanna start making something which would prolly not get into first release of this mod coz balance reasons.

Gonna do that later, when i get some other smaller things done. I wanna have some things which can counter these monsters, not just another battleship.

(HWRM Resurgence) #173

This mod will be focusing on multiplayer. I would like to have PDS mod like vertical movement, with less laser show.

Big picture would be that one day this mod would have stations as motherships and fighting would involve siegin stuff. That's the dream.

(REARM V2) #174

Then maybe me, Chimas and you can exchange some stations in the future, there are quite some overlaps there.
That reminds me I should get the deploy script for Siege ships I asked for working.

(HWRM Resurgence) #175

Yeah that would be nice.
Bit of progress.

stil not sure wat to do with nose. And rear just needs something. Bridge is going above fighter bay. But not yet coz it's still mirrored.
After i think it's mostly done i can apply mirror modifier and start doing bridge.

White = Turrets
Yellowish = subsystem placements.

(REARM V2) #176

Hey I'm starting to see what your style is. All this so far, including your Railgun Frigate, has a unified sort of nearly "concave " morphology. Not actually literally concave, although your Interceptor is, but more like leaning into concave from the Hiigaran convex more "egg-like" shapes. Like if you stopped half way between the Hiigaran convex on your way to a concave shape, the straight and often slightly negativelly curved lines would look convex in comparison to Hiigaran.

Or maybe this will make more sense. If ships were throwing knives, all your designs would be somewhat reminiscent of these:

While actual HW2 Hiigaran are these:

This is where we dissagree on the design and what makes Hiigaran. But when I stated my objections about design of your Bomber, you made a clear point about your mod being set in future, that you're not in fact making 'the' HW2 Hiigarans. Which turns something I would call unauthentic into your strength. A big one, because the unified style and the shapes you prefer clearly show, I see them in your whole fleet. You have a unified style and prefered shapes and you're very consistent with them. That's a really good trait to have. And you're not making the HW2-era Hiigarans.
(BTW I have examples of this myself. My MBC is a ship that's more Vaygr inspired and made to look cool. While my later Cruiser is purely focused on authenticity.)

-

But anyway, comments. I want to see that ship done, I wonder how it'll look like. Lots of guns all over the hull, like three and a half times as many. But it could work, especially if you're aiming at a PDS kind of thing.
The nose is on a right path I think. The inner pieces are good, it's just the outher ones are still distracting and are yet to be made into something less sticking out. By that I don't mean as much forward, by that I mean more subtely protruded from the hull.
Also Hiigarans have subsystems on top of their ships. But it really depends on how far from the original you want to go. If you set that your future Hiigs have subsystems on the bottom, then that's all up to you, I would just keep that design decision for the other ships you'll make too.

(HWRM Resurgence) #177

Hmm.. yeah i like concave design, and apparently it's easy for me to do. Like i dont know, i just see that hiigarans could have this kind of blend of bit concave/originality design.

I want to have something which is not a copy of something else, like you could have upscaled battlecruiser with more or bigger guns and call it battleship. I dont want that.
I mean vanilla destroyer and battlecruiser have pretty big differences, first one is not so flat or wide, and other is exact opposite. And i like that. That is something what i wanna try to do.
They do have some similarities though, like engine/rear area.

Guns/turrets can be allways balanced, and i just generally like ships with many guns. Especially when it comes to bigger ships. And it helps with this pds stylized movement.

Good point on those subsystem locations. I definetly wanna go for top style. I never really realized this so obvious thing :smiley:

(REARM V2) #178

Yep. Like every other mod does it. People generally somehow lose their imagination when they get above the Battlecruiser class. I agree with you there fully, so I don't see a problem with it being something else.

(doci7) #179

Maybe consider trying a hammerhead. I think that would look slick on a huge warship.

(Sastrei) #180

(punts Rebel Blockade Runner aside) We do not have nearly enough hammerhead battleships.