• fed_ENT_icarus {Unknown Author}
  • fed_TMP_oberth_gunboat {Unknown author}
  • fed_TMP_oberth_medical {Unknown author}
  • fed_TOS_DY750 {Atrahasis and Major Stress}
  • grn_TMP_shipyard {Aad Moerman}

New maps

• Badlands {by Dark_sentinel}

Updated Scripts

• Loading screen messages are back, now with tips!
  • Improved repair FX
Pictures

(Major Stress) #184

Can someone with map making experience help us figure out how to make environment cubes for modded maps? please :smiley:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #185

YES! I have just finished making a tool that exports cube maps from blender automatically :slight_smile:

(Major Stress) #186

I use 3dsmax. I have zero map making experience. I just build ships. However I think nathan can use your tool. My blender experience is limited, but im sure one of us can figure it out.

(Nathanius) #187

To drum up some interest… please enjoy a release trailer for the Gorn :smile:

Release Notes for the September release! :smiley:

Release Notes

New Race

• The Gorn Confederation {All ships by Aad Moerman}

New Ships

• grn_TMP_sensorsatellite {by Aad Moerman}

Updated Scripts

• “Cube maps” for use in ship reflections now done for STCR maps
  • Music and Voiceover scripts updated to cater for the Gorn

Updated FX

• TMP era phasers are now based on the FX shown in “The Wrath of Kahn”
  • Many reflection maps updated on starships and fighters
  • Many Specular maps updated for Major Stress’ models

(Nathanius) #188

A minor update only this month, moved some secondary light sources around on maps to make things look more realistic :slight_smile:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #189

You have been doing cube maps and background lights recently… Does that mean my blender plugin is useful?

(Nathanius) #190

It was very useful in teaching me the concept for the cubes, but I couldn’t figure out the actual rendering part so I recreated the cameras in 3DsMax and rendered there :sweat_smile:

(GOLIATH Mod) #191

Hi,

I haven’t really had a chance to check your mod out that much yet, but I can already tell that it’s TOTALLY been a lot of work!! I’m a big Star Trek fan, and I’m really gonna give this mod the time it deserves when I get a chance. But for right now I intend on dissecting it to see how you did all that stuff! =D

Seriously, GOOD JOB!

(Nathanius) #192

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the mod and find it educational too :wink:

(GOLIATH Mod) #193

It’s totally cool. =D I’ve been testing the shields in the star trek movie time frame. Everything looks really good. If you get a chance to check out Goliath, I was trying to get the effect of the photon torpedoes from Wrath of Kahn on the Neutron Torpedoes of the Insurrection Frigate, and while I was trying to get it, I just stuck with the effect I had because it looked so cool and it really brought attention to you being shot at by one 'cuz they can cloak all the time, but you guys TOTALLY nailed them. It looks just like the movie! :smiley:

I think you should make the ships bank less when they turn though. I know, I it wouldn’t make sense, but they have artificial gravity to negate the centrifugal force anyway. In the show and the movies everything stayed kind of parallel with each other, right? Haven’t watched them in a while. And they probably did that because the models were hanging by freaking strings. haha but I think it would all seem more Star Treky if they banked less.

I’d like to pick your brain about shields a little bit. Could please check out the post I made? Thanks, probably better to talk about it over there. ( I wanted to make upgrades that could add shields to the ships in the normal game, but the shell of the shield has to be in the model, doesn’t it?)