Mod Support And a Couple Questions

GBX doesn’t officially endorse or support modding. It’s generally frowned upon to discuss it in these forums.

On that note, I’m excited to play around with the randomizer.

1 Like

Gbx is ok with modding in bl3. They’re even letting their chosen youtubers promote it.

They’re ok with it to the point that they won’t actively try to shut it down. But they don’t officially support it. The youtubers aren’t on the GBX or 2K payroll, so they are free to do as they please.

This youtuber is on the GBX content creator team, so yeah he isn’t free to do as he pleases. Did you even watch the video? It’s got an explanation in it. This is being condoned by GBX. They are supporting and endorsing this.

Can’t discuss console mods or datamining. Console mods can be handled with a bit of self moderation (console players wouldn’t discuss mods they don’t have access to) but depending on which mods are being discussed they can break the datamining rule.

2 Likes

When you say consume mods do you mean console xbox, ps5 or the console that’s built into some pc games? Not sure if bl on pc has a console or not.

They haven’t taken any measures against modding though either in BL3 as opposed to BL2’s sanity check. So they seem less opposed to it now than in BL2.

To me, this implies they’re done doing any support on the game.

3 Likes

They still have at least one more DLC on the way so if anything, I’d guess the content they’re selling in the spring will be things that aren’t yet in the game, so they can’t be modded.

As a console player, it kind of sucks to be missing out. The PS4 Skyrim edition allowed people to download and use select mods. If Gearbox put such a feature on consoles versions of Borderlands 3 they’d be really valuing us as gamers.

3 Likes

Xbox and PS5.

1 Like

What do you think we’ll see for pc mods?

The mods are already pretty good, just DM me.
Unfortunately I made a topic about those cool mods, but some stupid admin removed, for some reason GBX can support mods but we can’t talk about it

5 Likes

so this is still not official?
like we may still not talk about it here?
because i would love to promote how i will fix the game :v

3 Likes

I just fixed mine, a real borderlands experience now

1 Like

it’s hilarious to see things that should have been done by GB like fixes for the inexplicably non anointed weapons

3 Likes

I just completely removed these things, made it a more bl2 mechanics

1 Like

it is like they think “if we don’t talk about it, people won’t do it”

1 Like

Please read the FORUM RULES

Specifically:

• Concerns about moderation should be raised by PM either with a moderator or with the Community Manager

• Discussion of mods that affect gameplay (especially coop), that violate console terms of use/service, or involve the use of save editors or information obtained by datamining is not allowed.

GBX does not officially either support or disallow game mods. Reading between the lines of previous communications, the attitude seems to be that GBX is not going to provide modding tools for Borderlands games, but they are not going to invest time and effort trying to suppress what folks do on PC.

There are specific situations in which game mods are available and discussion allowed, such as the Homeworld/HW Remastered games and the original BL1. But those appear to the exceptions.

Unless/until GBX specifically states that they support game mods and discussion thereof on the forums, that neutral stance should be assumed to still hold complete with the implications of the various FORUM RULES.

2 Likes