[MOD] Taiidan Republic | April Update Released

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1071

The door does animate:

I had not thought of linking it to movement, that’s a good idea.

2 Likes
(doci7) #1072

I’ll be very interested if you succeed; as far as I knew there was no way to link animations to movement, circa HW2 anyway.

(Sastrei) #1073

Open/Closed madstates run on movement, don’t they (probes)? Also the maneuvers one that the Kpr_Droid uses.

(doci7) #1074

Heh, well, I never got around to even attempting to implement the animation I had in mind, so it’s quite, quite possible that my investigation into the matter was pretty underwhelming :sweat_smile:

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1075

Well, with custom code you can link animation to anything you like :wink:

The probe animation is actually a deploy animation.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1076

I’m enjoying this ship more and more as I texture it:

It is quite tricky to texture sympathetically to the shape of the side blocks. I also want to keep the top area as clean as possible without making it look bank.

7 Likes
(Gregorymthompso1) #1077

Wow, that looks great!

(doci7) #1078

I dig that front end texture, big time! It looks cool and can be seen from a good distance, which I think is important.

(Goose3) #1079

I don’t even know what this fat ugly bird is yet… What is it a destroyer???
In either case it looks promising but tell me what is it ? :smiley:

(ajlsunrise) #1080

It’s the assault frigate.

Edit: whoops… it’s the marine frigate.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1081

It is the Marine Frigate… The turrets are flak turrets. There was a discussion a while ago about whether it should “grapple” onto other ships from the bottom or the nose. I am currently favouring the nose…

(Chimas) #1082

Hi, a basic information. Can I uninstal the previous teaser, given the teaser is in the new version too?

PS - I tried -startfleet 01 and put 2 luas in the starting fleets folder - taiidanrepublic01.lua and a clone called taiidanrepublic01carriersonly.lua . Can you help me, I’m a bit rusty …

Content
{
type = "trp_resourcecollector",
subsystems = {
},
shiphold = {
  },
  name = "",
  size = 1,
  number = 6,
},
{
  type = "trp_carrier",
  subsystems = {
  },
  shiphold = {
  },
  name = "",
  size = 1,
  number = 1, 
},
{
  type = "trp_scout",
  subsystems = {
  },
  shiphold = {
  },
  name = "",
  size = 1,
  number = 1,
},
{
  type = "trp_interceptor",
  subsystems = {
  },
  shiphold = {
  },
  name = "",
  size = 1,
  number = 3,
},
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1083
  1. Yes, all the teaser content is now in the Taiidan Republic Mod item on the steam workshop. I am going to delete the teaser soon.

2. I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve with a second starting fleet file…

(Goose3) #1084

I think the nose (front side?) would fit perfectly as well. Although will it work if the frigate makes a 180 turn facing towards the ships… Might look weird animation wise while moving into position not sure. Most ships have their capture points on the bottom or top side right?

As for it’s role it almost looks to brilliant to use it as mere marine frigate. :slight_smile: It could also work as lovely missile frigate extra unit for example. :slight_smile: The sides could be the launch tubes - so could be the 2 pieces left and right near the front side.

1 Like
(doci7) #1085

But every ship should be cool! Look at the Infiltrator Frigate, for instance.

1 Like
(Chimas) #1086

Your AI is not producing fighters and corvettes and the collectors just stay there. I want to take some shots in different color schemes.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1087

Yes, there is no AI for the Taiidan Republic yet…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1088

Republic Battlecruiser. Just playing with the overall shape. The “wings” will each mount 2-3 big turrets a bit like the Qwaar Jet. Possibly some forward-firing ion cannons on the front blocks…

2 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1089

Strike craft hangar in the nose? Or is that too crazy?

EDIT: It has a precedent in the carrier…

(Alpha 1) #1090

I can see it now, move a ship in front of the hanger so the strike craft come out into the firing arc of the cannons, lol.

1 Like