[MOD] Taiidan Republic | April Update Released

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1314

Thanks for your kind words. I have finally managed to get the EMP corvette somewhere near balanced (i.e. not massively overpowered vs fighters, or not completely ineffective against bigger ships). Hoping to make a release in the next week or so…

3 Likes
(GOLIATH Mod) #1315

looks cool, man!

1 Like
(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1316

Looking good!

(ajlsunrise) #1317

Might just be me, but that engine glow looks a bit intense…

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1318

You’re right, it is a bit big… I’ll tone it down…

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #1319

At least you didn’t stick lens flare all over the place!

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1320

The November Update is released (and I actually managed to upload it in November!). Although I forgot to upload the EMP Corvette icon, so I’ll be making a hot fix for that at some point…

The main update is the completed EMP corvette, and some other minor bug fixes and improvements. @radar3301 I did decrease the engine flare size, but looking at these shots I wonder if it should be even smaller…

3 Likes
(ajlsunrise) #1321

I hate to sound picky, but I would agree that they still seem a bit large. Try 70-80%?

(Ag Tosu) #1322

Hey, i would like to know, what can we expect in the future update?

3 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1323

Good question. I liked being asked this because it reminds me that someone other than me cares about the mod!

I had hoped to finish the defense field platform and include it in the December update. However that is looking unlikely because December is, as always, quite busy… Once that platform is done, I will be onto the destroyer, battlecruiser and mothership! So 2019 should be a good year for the Taiidan Republic. With a good tail wind I might even complete the fleet by mid-2019. I also need to recover some momentum on the single player campaign…

5 Likes
(Goose3) #1324

Oh stop being so pessimistic. We all do care about your mod. But time for most of us is luxury not to mention with x-mas and new year approaching there’s even lesser time available for most people.

So don’t lose your faith. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1325

The December update is live.

Updates:

• Battlecruiser is more balanced (it was underpowered before)
  • Mothership parade formation fixed
  • New multiplayer map (Ice Moon)
  • EMP Corvette firing fx improved
  • Corvette engine flare sizes reduced (again, I think it is finally about right now)

At this stage I should also mention some other credits:

Special thanks to @unifin who created an EMP turret for us, which became the basis of the EMP Corvette guns.

Thanks to NASA for their detailed image of pluto, which was used to create the Ice Moon map.

Thanks to “priteeboy”/“chromattix” who created this Gas Giant resource pack that I used for the Gas Giant map:

11 Likes
(diegogiurgola) #1326

Hell yeah, good stuff! Thanks for the update!!!

1 Like
(ajlsunrise) #1327

Yes, the engine flare size is much better now!

1 Like
(GOLIATH Mod) #1328

The moon-map looks totally cool! Gonna go check it out. =D

1 Like
(Ag Tosu) #1329

the new update is great, i love the new map! After playing a while i got some ideas that i think you could implement after modeling all big ships:

• I think that republic should get an anti-capital ship corvette, mainly becouse all other factions have one and i feel that they need that extra bit of heavy fire power. I think it could be a torpedo corvette, seeing that torpedoes are this “lighter” heavy weapon as opposed to the “heavier” ion cannon
  • I thought about adding some additional support ships, f. ex.a Support frigate that has one module slot, where player can build a cloaking or gravity well generator
  • an anti-fighter platform section would be neat, bcs now the bomber are shredding them to pieces
    Maybe i Will come up with more ideas after playing more extensively :slight_smile:
2 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1330

Hey, thanks for playing the mod and thanks for the ideas. By the way are you the guy who mentioned a platform bug on steam? If so would you mind sharing more details about what happened? I am keen to chase down these bugs…

ok, I am not averse to the idea of a torpedo corvette. On the other hand, I hope people are using EMP corvettes to their full potential - 3 or 4 squads can pin down a battlecruiser or destroyer for other things to chip away at…

I quite like this idea, but perhaps for the mobile refinery - it could be a bit bigger and have a module slot…

Oh dear, maybe they just need beefing up a bit… I may add flak turrets to the defense field platform in that case. That way a ring with 1 utility, 1 torpedo and 1 df section would have anti-capital, anti-fighter and utility.

1 Like
(Ag Tosu) #1331

Oh, the problem with platforms is that i can link two utility platforms, but when i try to link the third one, they bug, those two connevted stop producing and lose fighter module and third one stops in place, and i cant give it other orders except for scuttle. Its weird cus i can connect those two with a torpedo platform. I Will send you this log when i play again

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1332

thanks, please use -luatrace in the command line (when you select a mod) - it will provide more details of the code causing the bug.

Thanks!

(Chimas) #1333

When I tested I noticed that the Imperial Taiidan comes in with a carrier and the Flagship. Shouldn’t it be 2 carriers? For all factions?

edit1:

• fighters are having some pathfinding problems around frigates and asteroids. They come to a full stop too often;
  • The station is supposed to connect, isn’t it? They stay apart in opposition, not allowing the third module to come in. Or I’m doing it wrong.

TDN REP Album updated

Orbital Combat

@Dom2
Try to find the high resolution of this photo, edit it and call it suplerflares or something

@VaultHunter101
Any tip on how to show screenshots in posts when coming from online GoogleDrive instead of uploading it to GBX servers?

1 Like