[MOD] Taiidan Republic | April Update Released

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #319

Try launching the teaser and pressing the “z” key fairly early on (NB: its an earlier rig and the weapons animations aren’t quite right, also the mission won’t recognise the new ships)…

Anyway, couldn’t resist posting this screenshot, which I have entitled “Watch for debris!”

6 Likes
(BitVenom) #320

Sexy!!! The engine flare clipping you see in those shots is entirely gone in the next patch - the flares are all drawn with really pretty depth-biasing (when enabled) - the trails engine has also been rebuilt to be MUCH faster (20x?). So you should do this shot again when it’s all public :wink:

7 Likes
(Snake_B5) #321

Is the color of the trail still following the team color ? :slightly_smiling:

(BitVenom) #322

How the trail textures are generated wasn’t updated. And it really can’t be done easily - so that won’t be up for editing…

(Snake_B5) #323

don’t worry, I was not about to ask for some changes on this ! lol ^^
I just thought that it was in the same part of the code, thus my question :wink:

(Lazer72) #324

Can’t wait to see what you guys have done…RELEASE THE PATCHEN!

(ok, that was corny as hell)

5 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #325

For anyone not completely absorbed in DoK, @Talros has produced another ship(!), the Republic Proximity Sensor:

With Taiidan and Hiigaran counterparts:

It will get a couple of navigation lights and an animation at some point…

8 Likes
(BitVenom) #326

Hell yes - good stuff, done fast!

1 Like
(Sastrei) #327

Woah very funky and very cool!

1 Like
(doci7) #328

Unreal! It’s going to be intensely difficult to not draw on these for inspiration when it comes time to make the HW@ equivalents. He makes bringing freshness to ‘mundane’ utility classes seem effortless. Gosh darn it, he makes everything seem effortless!!:wink:

1 Like
(REARM V2) #329

How rude, isn’t it? :smiley:

He’s going so fast. I should go into a corner and think very hard about myself. No excuses now.

1 Like
(ajlsunrise) #330

Oh shoot, that’s today, isn’t it… Must go download…

1 Like
(REARM V2) #331

@Talros is very fast and has such a unique and fitting art style. …and DoK has only a handful of units…

(Lazer72) #332

I wouldn’t be surprised if “Talros” is actually a team of like 5 people.

3 Likes
(doci7) #333

Lol, so ‘his’ screen name is just short for “Team Alros?” I’ll say this though… if he is 5 people then he has MANY times more synergy with himselves than what I’m used to with what I consider to be a pretty tight-knit group of 4. I suppose the fifth guy makes all the difference, lolol-lolol.

1 Like
(Not actually Jesus Christ) #334

Does 5 clones class as 5 people? :wink:

Pouk- The Art of Modding.

5 Likes

Lol, I wish sometimes I could clone myself but then I would just stand in the way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
(doci7) #336

“I need to mod fast and clones too slow!!!” :sunglasses:

Quick sketch for the sensor distortion probe

8 Likes
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #338

Love it! My senses are distorted just looking at it.

5 Likes