[MOD] Taiidan Republic | November Update released!

(doci7) #1126

Since I’m already here I’m just going to publicly apologize for being mute in the development conversation of late. Lol, this is my busy time, as IRL goes, as I’m sure many can relate. Your mod ICF picture there is freakin’ terrific! I’m going to have to find time to play around, at least, if not offer much in the way of useful snippets of feedback.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1127

The carrier. The hangar bays and engine textures are not finished yet (not to mention the subsystems). But it looks awesome! Good work @Talros!

Cool thanks! hmm I’m not sure but something seems off with the smoothing groups of the main part here, I’ll send you an update :sweat_smile:

(doci7) #1129

My reservoir of ways to say “that looks awesome” runs far too thin, but rest extremely assured… that looks awesome!!!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1130

How does this look?

Much better ! :slight_smile:

(doci7) #1132

Is the Marine Frigate finished?! It looks deceptively (or maybe not so deceptively) finished from there!!!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1133

It is more or less finished. It even has an icon. I just have a few extra bits of paint to add and I might revamp the turrets…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1134

Its Frigate Friday!

There are still some areas that need doing - I am being indecisive about them. Especially the front. Not sure whether to put two fixed forward-firing kentic guns in the nose. It would look great but might make the whole thing overpowered…

Also the turrets are, as usual, lagging behind the rest of the texturing progress.

As a reminder, the top turret is a flak turret. We already had the debate about it hitting the fin when it fires…

(Goose3) #1135

Hm you could also add 2 smaller holes on the “guns here” spot and add Cataclysm like Torpedo launchers just smaller than they were in Cataclysm. You could even re-use the original Cataclysm firing sound file for them.

Otherwise add some sort of coolant system in form of some vents on that spot. It produces some steam whenever the main guns fire. It could also serve as additional faction logo spot.

(Caal-Shto) #1136

The Carrier in the screenshots post (a day ago) are so much better. Keep up the good work and the Assault Frigate I think you should add the 2 small guns at the front like @goose3 was saying in the pervious post!

Anyway keep up the amazing work. :grinning:

(doci7) #1137

I suggest this or something very similar; I REALLY like the vertical ridging details you drew onto the sides of the front end directly in front of those turret mounts (with some teamstripe)… if you could do something like that and have some actual vent slots under it, I think that would be rad.

The topward texturing looks really nice and I especially think the engine area turned out just right some how. I would suggest some more detailing under the flak turret; stuff like the texturing under Hiigaran Destroyer turrets. Other than that I have nothing really to suggest; things are looking darned good!!!

(Herbyguitar) #1138

A top mounted turret is in the wrong position. Too much in the way. Don’t get me wrong. I love what you’re doing. It looks ‘great’.
I’m just looking at the physics. The turret is directly on top of the bridge. This is not very believable. Turret feed.

(Goose3) #1139

Hm Herby has a point here. Didn’t even notice that. Then again some ships like in Star Ship Troopers or Star Wars also had their turret stations near their bridges…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1140

That’s a good point. I’m not going to change the configuration at this stage so I’ll probably just try to be sympathetic with the texturing in that area, as @kragle suggested.

For the front guns I like the idea of using the vertical slots as vents…

(DoomLord) #1141

Really enjoying what i see here :slight_smile:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1142

Boom!

Getting there now. I feel the turret barrels are a bit too dark, or maybe it is just the map…

(Goose3) #1143

Hm ya the turret barrels seem a little dark but before you attempt any changes best to check out other map backgrounds first.

(doci7) #1144

I think you would want to lighten them up regardless, because in any case they are quite a lot darker than any other part of the ship, other than maybe the ventilation areas in front of the engines.

But dang, looking good!!! I wonder if you might relink your Frigate p3ds, since by now there is a lot of digging to find them again; I’d really like to peruse the whole thing further!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1145

The previous p3d links are the latest, but I sort of stop updating them once I get to the ambient occlusion and paint clean-up stage. I might do a final p3d with all the frigates when they are all done…