[MOD] Taiidan Republic | November Update released!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1267

The “September”* update is now on steam.

Finished torpedo platform & new multiplayer map!

*I know missed it by 5 days, but I’m still calling it September…

(Chimas) #1268

HI, I haven’t tried the update yet, but looking at the station, I’d like to suggest a map.
The TDN REP player against an TDN AI starts with the station as a command station, a carrier, some squadrons and the collectors but far away from the resources, for both sides. Also, the richest spot is in the center of the map. The features are the resources are far away and you can’t make your fleet stay together because the station doesn’t move. I believe this is ain’t new, but remembered it now when I saw the station.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1269

I am fed up with this minelayer corvette. I can’t get it into a shape that I am 100% happy with, so I am just going to go ahead and develop this…

This is your last chance to object…

(Caal-Shto) #1270

What ship what are you doing this time? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1271

That’s it!

(Herbyguitar) #1272

How about a different approach. A minelayer frigate.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1273

I do have that in mind for the imperials actually…

(GOLIATH Mod) #1274

WOW - This all looks really fantastic. I’m gonna try it out!

(Goose3) #1275

If the right corvette is supposed to be the new attempt at a minelayer crovette then I object… The first one looks so much better and more polished.

Then again the 2nd attempt at least suggests some holding space for the mines to sit in there the first attempt doesn’t.

In either case do not delete the original. You may very well re-purpose it. Or use it as special SP campaign unit.

As for the finished Torpedo Platform: Amazing work… That station looks gorgeous.

(ajlsunrise) #1276

The one on the left is the finished (regular) assault corvette. Mostly.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1277

Yes, the one on the left is the finished Assault Corvette. This is the work-in-progress Minelayer Corvette:

image001

(Goose3) #1278

Stay on it… It’s making progress. I may do like it in the end… :stuck_out_tongue:

(Chimas) #1279

The former “version” of the new design was too early to be presented…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1280

Yes, probably, but there isn’t much activity on this forum these days (e.g. where is @Kragle?), so I feel I have to do my bit…

(Goose3) #1281

Well @Kragle popped up on and off irregularly. He’s possibly busy with real-life, other video games and so on.

He should be back sooner or later as usual.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1282

I have something in mind.

Pulsar Corvette - Republic
Missile Corvette - Imperial

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1283

Yes, my plan is for the imperials to be more missile heavy.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1284

Nice! Same here as well. I also saw that your mothership is based off of the Taiidan Supercarrier. Can’t wait for the final result.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1285

Yeah, but @radar3301 convinced me that it wasn’t a good idea. Too similar to the old Taiidan Mothership. I am going for something different for the Republic Mothership now. Maybe like this:

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1286

I liked the super carrier though. It is a shame that there isn’t a complete model of it yet…