[MOD] Taiidan Republic | November Update released!

(GOLIATH Mod) #1307

Hi,

I haven’t tried any of this, but here are some ideas:

You could try adding ‘NewShipType.formationSpacing=X’ to the ship file and see what happens. Use a really large value, like 5000, to see if it’s working.

Or maybe the position is still defined in mothership parade file? Try placing them over each other instead of next to each other in there maybe.

Maybe if you add a line for a carrier in the carrier parade file it will place it where you want. Maybe it’s placing them according to file we don’t have access to or in the misc slot, but if the carrier position is defined maybe that preset will be overridden?

(ajlsunrise) #1308

@Dom2 there should be a default strike group file. Let me see if I can find it…

(ajlsunrise) #1309

@Dom2 I couldn’t find a default formation/srrikegroup file, but there is a strikeGroupRadius line in the ship file.

formationSpacing is used for ship squads.

Edit: there is also a ParadeDefaultGrowthSpacing in tuning.lua

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1310

Thanks @radar3301 the problem is I don’t want to change the spacing for every single ship… The Hiigaran Carrier has side docking bays, so maybe I’ll see what its dock paths look like to see if I can avoid the issue that way…

In other news, EMP Corvette progress:

(Sir Gouda) #1311

Hey, the new corvette looks great, are you going to update the standard corvette model as well?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1312

No, the assault Corvette and the Minelayer Corvette are finished and I’m not planning to change them. Here are all 3 together:

(Goose3) #1313

Wow that unit looks amazing and totally unique to any other corvette classed ship thus far…

Impressive work my friend , very impressive indeed.

Your mod is possibly the last beacon of light, the last active mod in development… Feel pride about this.

There are couple other mods still under development but none of them comes close to your level of activity or even quality… Good job Dom, a good job no doubt.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1314

Thanks for your kind words. I have finally managed to get the EMP corvette somewhere near balanced (i.e. not massively overpowered vs fighters, or not completely ineffective against bigger ships). Hoping to make a release in the next week or so…

(GOLIATH Mod) #1315

looks cool, man!

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #1316

Looking good!

(ajlsunrise) #1317

Might just be me, but that engine glow looks a bit intense…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1318

You’re right, it is a bit big… I’ll tone it down…

(Is this thing on?) #1319

At least you didn’t stick lens flare all over the place!

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1320

The November Update is released (and I actually managed to upload it in November!). Although I forgot to upload the EMP Corvette icon, so I’ll be making a hot fix for that at some point…

The main update is the completed EMP corvette, and some other minor bug fixes and improvements. @radar3301 I did decrease the engine flare size, but looking at these shots I wonder if it should be even smaller…

(ajlsunrise) #1321

I hate to sound picky, but I would agree that they still seem a bit large. Try 70-80%?

(Sir Gouda) #1322

Hey, i would like to know, what can we expect in the future update?

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1323

Good question. I liked being asked this because it reminds me that someone other than me cares about the mod!

I had hoped to finish the defense field platform and include it in the December update. However that is looking unlikely because December is, as always, quite busy… Once that platform is done, I will be onto the destroyer, battlecruiser and mothership! So 2019 should be a good year for the Taiidan Republic. With a good tail wind I might even complete the fleet by mid-2019. I also need to recover some momentum on the single player campaign…

(Goose3) #1324

Oh stop being so pessimistic. We all do care about your mod. But time for most of us is luxury not to mention with x-mas and new year approaching there’s even lesser time available for most people.

So don’t lose your faith. :slight_smile: