[MOD] Taiidan Republic | Update: mothership concept

(Goose3) #1407

Yap that’s what I had in mind… Nothing to spectacular just very minor in size.

Fair enough I mainly thought about it for SP purposes anyway. So not for actual skirmish or MP. As you stated we already got HWU and FX for that. :slight_smile:

Sounds good and when the time arrives I will once again stand by your side providing you with ideas etc… Morale and energy are indeed an issue. In that retrospect I really do miss the school times when we actually had some free time to be creative.
As for @Talros: He’s been tagging along with Homeworld for as long as it existed. So he will be back sooner or later… Sometimes people just need some off time to do different things. So I woudn’t count him out yet. He’ll be back.

Regarding the Imperial Fleet. I’d limit myself to ship replacements one ship at a time to turn this into some form of post HW1 time line Imperials. Thankfully there are still enough concepts remaining to come up with plenty nice and unique looking ships once you get there.

Lovely work @Larvae… Blender is kinda cool. I’m sure you get a hang of it in no time. :slight_smile:

(Leviathans Wrath) #1408

@goose3 u rang? Also long live the republic.

(Goose3) #1409

I rang? Not sure did I ? :stuck_out_tongue:

(larvae) #1410

Thanks @goose3

And yea gotta agree blender is cool, i’ve been a 3ds max user for quite sometimes, but currently learning Blender. I dont know why, but as far as I followed the tutorial, modeling seems easier with blender. I think i’ll move to blender later.

(Leviathans Wrath) #1411

Ship looks great, wish I could get my hands on the Amazon queen
@goose3 you rang by mentioning hwu lol
We got models for a our own republic team, thou tobari are another matter, could probably get the models from eot since I got their models secured from pandoraZero.

(Goose3) #1412

Ah I see… What used to be EOT mod? What did it stood for?

(Leviathans Wrath) #1413

End of times.

(Leviathans Wrath) #1414

Good design bro! Now to perfect it like the Borg queen demands perfection. JK lol Threw in a little trek humor

(larvae) #1415

haha, borg’s definition of perfection is a cube… @Dom2 wouldnt want that…anyway thanks man

(Leviathans Wrath) #1416

A man can dream though lol, there are plenty of concepts ship designs that never came to fruition that are on the net. I know hwu has a habit of devouring mods and what hence my gamer tag Leviathan, eats anything, but the point of it was to be a showcase mod featuring different mods together, works pretty well. Return the nomad Moon to be devoured by the beast again.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1418

Well, I thought about the nomad moon… but it is kind of lame as a “ship”… I mean its just a sphere with a superweapon. Having said that it is a nice legacy that would link us to something legitimate.

(Chimas) #1419

just a suggestion: move now …

(larvae) #1420

i’d love to…but conflicting shortcuts key between max and blender is frying my brain. lol

(HWRM Resurgence) #1421

blender 2.8 actually haves many good things related to shortcuts and overall control layout.

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #1422

When I made the move from max to blender I never looked back. There is something pleasing about using free software for all my modding - gimp for images, blender for 3d. The only thing I miss is the ability to easily merge vertices that are within a certain distance – I still haven’t found a good way of doing this in blender, but it was easy in max.

(Herbyguitar) #1423

When someone shows me a way to do this I’ll switch to Blender also…

(larvae) #1424

Didnt download the beta yet, as the blenderguru’s vid im following is 2.79, so far. I guess i just need more practice. just need the time to familiarize with blender’s own shortcuts…

I’ll guess i’ll just stay with max for the time being until i finished what i can with the Mothership…at least ill be up to my pace lol…

(larvae) #1425

sorry if it’s a double post but a lil update on the mothership.

It’s a bit crude but consider it as proof of concept. The bridge needs more shapes added and the bay claws are just C&P from original mothership for now. Also the bay for carrier is moved to the bottom and has a door like kushan/hiigaran mothership

what do you guys think?

(Leviathans Wrath) #1426

Republic licious

(Goose3) #1427

This is amazing work @Larvae… Incredible how fast you are. Personally I’m not sure how well that door suits their mothership. It doesn’t feel Taiidani for me…

But other than that I’m blown away by the detail it already shows… I’m looking forward to a more detailed mesh. Do not forget additional details on the bottom side.