Initial balance tests in:
All versus 5 Missile Corvettes and 5 Laser Corvettes (Vaygr).
3 Hiigaran Gunships and 3 Taiidan Republic EMP Corvettes
3 Gunships, 3 Pulsars, 3 EMPs
- without focus-fire, priority target micro: Allied loss, every time.
- with focus-fire or priority target micro: toss-up
- with priority target, focus-fire micro: Allied win most times (although narrowly at times)
Don't mess with Vaygr Missile Corvettes; they are deadly.
A couple of notes:
- EMP Corvettes do not have conventional weapons.
- EMP Corvettes do a much better job when they have support; meaning put them in a strike group that won't break up when entering combat. Evasive stance is extremely ill-advised.
- It is also not recommended to put a large ratio of EMP Corvettes in a group. Once the target is disabled, they'll stop shooting at the target until it has recovered (this could be a weapon setting though), meaning a lot of DPS (Disable per Second, not Damage per Second, lol) is being wasted. Granted, you might disable the target quicker, so do a cost-benefit analysis.
- Increased effectiveness could gained by optimizing the attack style, but that requires @Dom2 to settle on a weapon hardpoint configuration.