[Mod] Taiidan Shipyard Change Log: Update 2.0

Change log for Taiidan Shipyard mod:comments and feedback here.

Simple ship added to Taiidan fleet: Shipyard.
(Modified research station)

Oh das cool, but where do the HCs come out?

Hyperspace currently but I might make it bigger so it could get one out of the blue hole in the side

1.1 adds the Shipyard as a starting ship as I try to work out building errors.

I want to suggest 2 things:

1 - Adopt this title: [MOD] Taiidan Shipyard

2 - Explain what the MOD is, if it’s a MOD

1 Like

Do you mean the title of this or on steam?

This thread

Found a bug: game crashes when building ships from it. Does anyone know a fix to make ships hyperspace in like my previous topic.

Post the last several lines from the log in the Release folder of the game.

Not really short but anyway:

SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Built by : builduser
Data path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -workshopmod 76561198130417396\511150434\taiidanshipyard1.big
12 Races Discovered
Race Filtering: DEATHMATCH rules - @Deathmatch
Starting Level: DATA:\LevelData\Multiplayer\deathmatch\xenophobic.level
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn’t exist.
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(1) that doesn’t exist.
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(2) that doesn’t exist.
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn’t exist.
Trying to retrieve strike group index 9, no such strike group.
persistant data loading: trying to put a non dock capable ship in parade (Tai_Shipyard), has the NIS put crap in the player’s fleet again?
luaplayer 297: Player_GrantResearchOption: unable to grant (HeavyCorvetteAttackBurst)
parameter: 3
stack traceback:
1: function Flag_Research' at line 180 [string ""] 2: functionAI_Special_Research’ at line 2 [string “”]
3: function cpuplayers_updating' at line 102 [string ""] luaplayer 297: Player_GrantResearchOption: unable to grant (MissileDestroyerVolley) parameter: 3 stack traceback: 1: functionFlag_Research’ at line 180 [string “”]
2: function AI_Special_Research' at line 3 [string ""] 3: functioncpuplayers_updating’ at line 102 [string “”]
luaplayer 297: Player_GrantResearchOption: unable to grant (HeavyCorvetteAttackBurst)
parameter: 5
stack traceback:
1: function Flag_Research' at line 180 [string ""] 2: functionAI_Special_Research’ at line 2 [string “”]
3: function cpuplayers_updating' at line 102 [string ""] luaplayer 297: Player_GrantResearchOption: unable to grant (MissileDestroyerVolley) parameter: 5 stack traceback: 1: functionFlag_Research’ at line 180 [string “”]
2: function AI_Special_Research' at line 3 [string ""] 3: functioncpuplayers_updating’ at line 102 [string “”]
Restoring video mode
Display: (0, 0, 1366, 768) - (0, 0)
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 31)
Display: (0, 0, 100, 100) - (8, 31)

" trying to put a non dock capable ship in parade" this might be the problem

Not that one. HwRM.log

And don’t make us download it D:

Even if you paste it all future readers will be able to read it. If you host files a link can go dead and screw anyone trying to learn from your mistakes

This smells to me like you’re using one of the old ship files from before the big internal update. Because whenever I had one with a rubric inside it’d do that.

You also need to have the dock ability added to the ship whether or not it can actually dock anything from what I can tell. Not sure if that message is an indicator that the ship doesn’t have the ability at all…because otherwise a ship would just hyperspace in and get into the “generic” formation for captured and otherwise uncategorized ships.

Is it possible to make this happen to fix the crash for now?

That’s already the default response the game has.

EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn't exist. 
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(1) that doesn't exist. 
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(2) that doesn't exist. 
EngineTrailStatic::getTweaks requesing index(0) that doesn't exist. 

Those say to me that there’s some sort of generic problem going on. Like last night I was trying to add a missile and I had typo-ed a file name, it gave me that error.

Trying to retrieve strike group index 9, no such strike group.

And that one looks like a rubric is being used by something somewhere cause that’s what I got when trying to use an old ship file.

Start removing files until it starts working. If it’s just the Tai_shipyard.ship file than everything going wrong is in there, but it’s NOT the lack of parade info.

I’ll see what happens with a ship that can dock

UPDATE 2.0:
I got the Shipyard to build ships without crashing and the build script seems to let it be built in the Taiidan fleet. It can also dock ships and frigates and smaller come out of the little “Hole” in it. Finally, ships bigger than the frigates hyperspace in like I wanted.