Mod tool broken? wont update anymore?

hey so im trying to update my mod like i have done 50 times before… and now its saying

WorkshopTool>update HomeworldRM/HWRfixed
Folder name ‘HomeworldRM/HWRfixed’ does not exist. Did you specify the full path name?
WorkshopTool>

yes… im literally LOOKING at the path, that’s right… and im running in admin mode… what happened???

please help. i have a very big update to go out.

“C:” ? …
I just uploaded a mod, everything is ok on my end.

WorkshopTool>update C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HWRfixed
Folder name ‘C:\Program’ does not exist. Did you specify the full path name?
WorkshopTool>

Still nothing… =(

edit

Item # 1
Title = HomeWorld Remastered Community Patch
Tags = homeworld,ship,space
Visibility = Public
Banned = False
Published Workshop Id = *********
Upvotes / Downvotes = 4 / 0

not banned either… so im lost as to whats going on…

I got that message, then I moved to the root folder. It is now C:\HWREMods\Modname\

Instead of

WorkshopTool>update C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HWRfixed

try one of these

WorkshopTool>update "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HWRfixed"
WorkshopTool>update 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HWRfixed'

If there are spaces it breaks it into two chunks. Quoting it should make it treat it all as one string.

1 Like

that one is kinda working now this is my new issue…

Running Archive.exe on MOD folder…
There was a problem creating the .big file(s) for your mod. You may need to set the WorkshopTool to ‘Run this program as an Administrator’
WorkshopTool>

i blame the update =P was fine before just saying… any ideas on this?

edit: it created a new one just fine, so its not the mod folder tweaking it out. it simply wont update… idk why.

2nd edit: randomly started working again. not sure what happened… oh well.

I have encountered a similar problem when I was trying to launch the WorkshopTool by executing WorkshopTool.exe directly from the game folder (same can be expected when you use a shortcut targeted to WorkshopTool.exe), but when I launched from Steam it worked allright. There might be some arguments or environment variables that Steam uses while launching WorkshopTool.exe. Do you launch it from Steam?

interesting, no i was launching it from a short cut i placed on my desktop. i use the thing 1 or 2 times a day or every other day.

This message is misleading and has been fixed in the latest update to the WorkshopTool. A new config.txt setting was added when the WorkshopTool was updated last week (for things that aren’t yet supported by the game because we haven’t updated the game yet). The new setting is ‘ModType’ and the tool now correctly reports that the config.txt file has an invalid ‘ModType’ setting.

You can compare the config.txt file in the WorkshopTool folder to the one in your mod folder to see the differences. You should just set the ‘ModType’ to “MOD” since that is the only thing the game and launcher currently support. Once the launcher and game have been updated, the other new ModType options will be supported.

ya i just figured out the config file was to blame for the issues last night…

i knew u guys updated the tool. it worked before but not after. (hence me blaming the update)
turns out an update to the config file is why.

that message trolled the hell out of me tough, i restarted and messed with admin settings for no less than 7 min, before seeking other solutions.

now that i have changed my old config to the new one you put out last week, it is working again.
thanks.