[MOD] Univers MACROSS / MACROSS Universe - Status Report - 09/07

Hi folks !

Just passing by to introduce you a very ambitious mod called “MACROSS Univers” which is supposed to cover
every opus of the franchise at its term.
For now, it is still a WIP status and the first part of the mod is progressing very well, but let’s take a step further into details if you don’t mind ^^

First of all, I’m not the original modder, that guy is named “cooper59” on this forum, and you can contact him for more information or simply use this thread just as we will do to keep you informed about how the mod is progressing.

The mod is planned to be released by generation, the first one is almost done and right now cooper59 is having a hard time with A.I coding and I’d like to take the opportunity to ask the community for help.

If someone skilled enough with coding and with plenty of time and passion for the Macross universe like us, might be up to give some advices or even be recruited to help us to achieve this project, he/she would be welcomed onboard. A good understanding/speaking of French would be a bonus ^^

MACROSS Univers is available on steam workshop, you can find it here :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581220784

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS MOD IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS. IT HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR TESTING PURPOSES.
A lot of units are missing, only a few are available in deathmatch mode, no skirmish vs CPU support yet.

The first part of the mod will cover both the serie and the movie “Do you remember love”.

Here’s a little trailer to give you an idea of what it looks like, have fun and see you soon !

Edit :

As you may have noticed, there is no description for the first
updates within the logs, but it is about to change. First, I would like
to detail how we are going to proceed.
So, each update will start by a “0” and thus, until the final release
which will most likely be “1.0” and should change again after that…

The second digit represents the generation being developed at the
moment, and the last part of the designation is the step-by-step
evolution for the generation being developed. For instance, right now
the mod has the current status “0.1.10”, so this is the 10th update for
the 1st generation.

Here’s the mini roadmap (subject to changes)

0.1.xx => Macross TV show & movie

0.2.xx => Macross+ & Macross7

0.3.xx => Macross Frontier

0.4 is under discussion for Macross Delta implementation

0.5 Going to BETA

0.X Fixing bugs/balancing

• Fixed an issue with “ARMD cruiser” and “Oberth destroyer” building process

• Added the ARMD class for carrier and cruiser

0.1.01 => 0.1.08

• release of the mod under testing protocol

• Add various units without A.I for deathmatch

*SDF1 version TV show

*Spider Bug

*Lockhee SF-3A Lancer II

*Northrom QF-3000E Ghost

*Stonewell Bellcom VF-4 Lightning III

*Shinnakasu VF-1J Super Valkyrie

*Nupetiet-Vergnitzs

*Quiltra Queleual

And here’s a little sum up of the situation :

To make it short, cooper is definitely the brain of this project, he
manages the models rendering, scripts edition, animations and FX/SFX
integration all that kind of stuff that make my eyes crossing in only
few hours

On my side, I’m an “Ad Hoc” paintbrush and as it, I take care of movie
making and test the mod before any update on steam (that’s right I’ve
got units to play with that you don’t ^^).

I also try to save cooper some time, for instance right now I’m
isolating and gathering the maximum of sounds from the Macross series to
build a sound data bank for him to quickly integrate SFX.

The sad part is that both of us aren’t skilled enough in coding for
now and from here we have two options…either we can get into it, but
not now because of the models priority, or, and it would be the better,
we can find a nice and AI-skilled person already used to deal with those
problematics. In the first case, it might grealty increase the delay
since cooper would have to start coding from scratch :confused:

He is already in contact with people who might be helpful but beyond
that I’m afraid I don’t know that much about where it goes, I guess
we’ll see.

See you guys !

7 Likes

:muscle:

Beautiful mod, if you ever need some help with the game mechanics or AI I would be glad to help.

1 Like

That would be a fantastic news !

I’m transmitting the information to cooper right now, he will contact you very soon. Check your inbox today !

@Krnt_13 Hello,

Thank for your comment, i’ve seen you are the creator of the “Homeworld: Past and Future” mod this is a great job.
I work hard on all of ships and units, so i’ve taken some time to answer you.
I have some skills in coding but not enough to create a well finished mod with several games mode.
I wish i could concentrate on the moddeling fx, sfx and background of unvivers macross.
I don’t know if you are fans of Macross series, if that’s the case and you are motivated to help us, or join our project it would be really great.

If you’re interesting to help us, send me a mp.
See you soon,

PS: sorry for my bad English, I’m French and I do not have as much written in English since school, 20 years ago

Hello everyone !

Just a little update for a new trailer, have fun :wink:

3 Likes

Its looking great!
I can’t wait for the animations to be ready!

1 Like

Just thought you should know… you left the final ‘E’ out of ‘Universe’, lol.

Actually, this is how we spell “Universe” in french, without “e”

HA! I studied French so I should have known that. But that’s college education for you… USELESS!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone !

We wanted to give you the current status of the mod before the WE and to thank you again for all the help and advice. So ATM, the package for the next update is almost done, the Zentradi ressource collector is ready to go and there will be the first iteration for A.I prototype, coded and provided by Krnt who gave us a very solid base to work on. Thank you again :sunglasses:
Cooper is currently finalizing the last Regult units (see the link below) and all should be ready right on time.

http://imgur.com/NiZgAAs&hMxUujY

Edit :
This is what the Zentradi ressource controler should look like

And this link shows different tested stances for Regult :

See you on the main deck !

2 Likes

Hello everyone, as promised, here’s the 0.1.11 update with a lot of changes and content !

BE AWARE THAT THIS MOD IS UNDER TEST PHASE !

There are still a lot of things to tweak and improve, so try to be indulgent, and if you have to be critical, at least try to do so in a constructive way.
We are updating to let you enjoy the mod and to give you the opportunity to follow this project alongside our team.
Speaking of which, we want to thank all the helpful people you’ve met so far, who kick the hell out of our agenda by saving us a lot of time. So thank you guys for providing your precious advices, your super material from the former mods (3D models and files) and the most of all, your own free time :slight_smile:

Krnt

Cdr Fokker (Former crew member from Hw2 DYRL mod)

Chthonic (Former crew member from Hw2 DYRL mod)

Shadow3393 (Former crew member from Hw2 DYRL mod)

Lybra (Former crew member from Hw1 Macross mod)

Thank you again, you guys rock!!

----------------------------------Technical infos----------------------------------------------

Cooper’s rig & settings**

i5-4670K 3,40 GHz, RAM 8,00 Go

Windows 10 professionnel 64bit

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (ASUS Direct CU II OC)

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A

Graphic settings:

Résolution : 1920x1080

antialias: x16

Texture quality : 9

limite texture: 4096

lightining : Enhanced

Battle scars: Enhanced

Battle scar limit : all ship

Depth Bias : ON

motion blur : OFF (headache machine) :wink:

bloom HDR: ON

rayon HDR: enhanced

Depth of field : Always (c’est trop cool ce truc)

UI effects : Enhanced

With that config, cooper may suffer few slight performance losses, but not the big deal and, moreover, he forgets to close other programs from time to time.
On my side, I’ve experienced FPS drops only when a lot of units are firing together, it seems to be a CPU issue, but we have to dig into it.

ShiftZero’s rig & settings***

FX-4100+ (@3.8Ghz), RAM 8.00 Go (@1600)

Win 7 sp1 64bits

R9 280 (Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual X with Boost - 3 Go)

Asus M5A78L/USB3

Graphic settings :

Resolution : 1680x1050

Anti-aliasing : x4

Texture quality : 9

Limite texture: 8192

Lightining : Enhanced

Battle scars: Enhanced

Battle scar limit : Capital ship

Depth Bias : ON

Motion blur : OFF

Bloom HDR: ON

Rayon HDR : Enhanced

Depth of field : OFF

UI effects : Enhanced

------------------------------------Update 0.1.11----------------------------------------------

=====General======

• Functional A.I prototype implementation. (Coded and provided by Krnt)

• 95% of the existing models have been optimized, a few are remaining but we are approaching the end of the tunnel

• New Sound and visual effects for better immersion (Some were supplied by Cdr Fokker)

• General adjustements regarding specific units durability and Damage Per Second rate

• Modification of the unit cap and arrival of all new unique units with special features

=====U.N.SPACY=====

BE WARNED ! Health points for SDF-1 have been greatly decreased but its DPS has been increased to compensate.

• Map view sensors have been decreased for both motherships

• Valkyries and SDF-1 models are ready for the NEAR TO COME transformations. I repeat “NEAR TO COME”, not implemented yet.

• VF-1J Super Valkyrie has been temporarily retired for maintenance operations, She’ll be back with the DYRL update.

• Added various new units:

• Glamor ES-11RC (Modified Cat’s Eye to fit the need of ressource controller)
    • VF-1A Super Valkyrie (heavy bomber weapon config.)
    • VF-1A Gerwalk AMM-1
    • VF-1A Gerwalk RMS-1
  • Lt Hikaru Ichijô and his VF-1J Super Valkyrie in Battroïd mode (unique unit with ability)

• The Oberth Destroyer’s skin has been enhanced and its maximum range has been increased

• QF-3000E Ghost tweaking to make it more like an average bomber

• Increased HP and behavior improvements for ARMD battlecruiser

=====Zentradi=====

• Anti-Air defense has been added to all following ships

• Ressource controller
    • Nupetiet Vergnitzs
    • Picket Patrol
    • Quiltra Quelamitz
    • Quiltra Queleual
    • Thurvel Salan
  • Added ressource collector (revamped model from the Hw2 mod DYRL)

• Added ressouce controller (revamped model from the Hw2 mod DYRL)

• Added 3 new variants of Regult

• Tactical
    • Light missile carrier
    • Heavy missile carrier
  • Quiltra Quelamitz (Destroyer) implementation (it’s an old model, but no worries, it’s already on the revamp list)

• Skin enhancement for the Quimeliquola Queadluun-Rau Battle Suit

• Milia Fallyna’s Queadluun-Rau Battle Suit added (unique Ace unit)

• Improved behavior and re-adjusted durability for the Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship.

We might have forgotten some stuff, but who knows, maybe we intended to…

See you around and have fun !

1 Like

Hi !

Trailer resupply !

Simply to show some of the new units in action.

Have a nice WE !

edit : re-uploaded version

2 Likes

Hi folks !

After a little while breathing fresh air, here we are back on track and warmed up, then we thought it was time for a little situation report. So as I mentioned on the mod page, Cooper is creating the 3d model for the Flemenmik Nousjadeul-Ger Battle Suit and it’s almost ready to get marked on our “stuff done” list.
He also modified the main canon beam for both motherships, he’s still working on it AFAIK. Here’s a little screenshot to give you an idea of the modifications (particles added and odd lightning removed). You certainly figured that was the main gun from the Saajuk and we wanted something closer to the serie. So, let’s give back to the Saajuk what belongs to the Saajuk ^^

Another good news is around the corner, work on animations has begun and we decided to create some sort of visual report to show you how it is progressing, so you’ll find another link with our very first video devlog (kind of ). Inside there is the SDF-1 main cannon being animated from different angles. Hope you will find the initiative to be an interesting one.

Enjoy the rest of the WE, see you around !

2 Likes

Looking very very sexy!!!

Just so that nobody accuses me of not having said it VERY CLEARLY and OFTEN - Please be sure that the artwork/models for this are coming from something like Max or Blender - via HODOR.

ZERO old HOD format files load after the next patch, and the new format is NOT in any way, even remotely compatible with older tools. You can’t even open them.

The new format loads faster, draws faster, and has a bunch of new features - so it isn’t all doom & gloom.

But if you’re still nursing old HODs using old tools - in a short while you’ll be unhappy.

2 Likes

Yes, we read somewhere about an upcoming patch which is going to change a lot of things and would potentially break existing stuff. Just talk about it with our modeler and it seems he already has a solution for that matter.
I have to check this forum a little bit more to find back where I read that, can’t remember if there was an ETA for the patch already. I’m going to clear this up right now…

Anyway, thanks for the heads up and the encouraging words, we greatly appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello.
I use 3ds max 2013 for modeling, but unfortunately I can’t use HODOR because when I export in DAE format I have lots of error when exporting.

I do not understand why,

for example: I import the Kad_Swarmer available on Steam, I export to DAE format without any changes, the export creates full of errors, see below.

While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_COL will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_INFO will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node UVSets[1] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Class[MultiMesh]_Version[512] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_LOD[0] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[CapturePoint0] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[CapturePoint0Heading] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[CapturePoint0Left] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[CapturePoint0Up] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[EngineNozzle1] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node BURN[EngineBurn1] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Flame[0]_Div[0] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Flame[0]_Div[1] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Flame[0]_Div[2] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Flame[0]_Div[3] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node Flame[0]_Div[4] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Hardpoint_FuelTank_Position] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Hardpoint_FuelTank_Direction] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Hardpoint_FuelTank_Rest] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node NAVL[NavLight1]_Sz[1.3]_Ph[0]_Fr[0]_Col[0.5,0.6,0.9]_Dist[10]_Flags[Sprite] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[P2Swarmer] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[RepairPoint0] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[RepairPoint0Heading] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[RepairPoint0Left] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[RepairPoint0Up] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[SalvagePoint0] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[SalvagePoint0Heading] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[SalvagePoint0Left] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[SalvagePoint0Up] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun0_Position] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun0_Direction] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun0_Muzzle] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun0_Rest] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun1_Position] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun1_Direction] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun1_Muzzle] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node JNT[Weapon_Gun1_Rest] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_LOD[1] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_LOD[2] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.
-Warning: Null not supported by COLLADA. Node ROOT_LOD[3] will lose its geometric information. The node transforms will be saved.

I do not understand why. If someone knows the solution. it will be great.
See You Soon

Notice that they say ‘Warning’ - and are largely normal things you can ignore - did you actually try to follow any of the Examples we’ve released or other tutorials on here? The system most certainly works.

1 Like

I get those errors every time. They do not cause any problems for HODOR. If you have any problems with HODOR upload a DAE somewhere and post a link - myself or someone here will be happy to have a look for you.

1 Like

same here, those warnings are ignored